Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another attic insulation question.

Options
  • 14-09-2009 9:54am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick one.

Recently converted the garage and if you remember my previous thread about the insulation for the concrete slab roof I used 50mm Kinspan tp 10 the battens.

Anyway the room is the warmest in the house(didnt even need to get a rad fitted its that warm) with this stuff and I have a quick question about using it in the attic.

I have 100mm between the joists and have to "top up" to 300mm this year before the winter sets in.

What I wanted to know is whether this tp10 can be used on top of the joists rather than fibre.
    I noticed that its quite strong when theres a sheet of ply on top of it and can easily be walked on without taking any damage so what I had in mind was 100mm of this stuff on top of the joists and a wooden floor over it.

I got the idea from this "spaceboard" stuff in B+Q(really expensive)--Seems to be the same stuff just without the foil and on the package it says its safe to use with a floor over it.

Thanks

Advertisement