Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badminton

Options
  • 14-09-2009 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Another one..

Does anyone now of a good place to play badminton in or around the Douglas, Blackrock, Mahonish area.

I do not want to join any club, well unless it is perhaps a small club or something that are just playing for fun. Or even of any hall that perhaps you could rent to out for a few nites a week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Garyduff in Rochestown had a small club a few years ago. dunno if they stilll do it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hi

Yeah i have taken a look up there alrite but and i mean this in the niceist way they seem a little to serious up there, just loooking for something really for a bit of fun and to get a bit of excercise going before winter sets in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I would start ding badminton again also - if you get anywhere with this please let me know Milly33? Thanks

Hi ;)

Will do no problem just thought actually a friend of a friend used to rent a court me thinks in douglas somewhere might see if there is anything around like that perhaps they would rent the place for an hour...W

Will let u know anywho if i find anything

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

Centenary Badminton Club play in a community hall near the Lough somewhere (don't know where exactly but i know its behind an old Church or something!)

Most clubs around the county will have a good mix of those who want to play competitively and those who just play socially. Try going along on club nights and you will probably meet the more social players!

Also, there used to be a blackrock club who played out of the school hall in Mahon but I'm not sure if they exist anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

The Centenary Badminton Club play in the Lough Community Centre. This is at the junction of Deerpark Road & Pouladuff road.

Might have a look at this myself, havent played in ages though.

Edit: Times are listed as Tuesday and Thursday 8 - 11

Ah great stuff thanks a bunch for the replies...I found an email there for the Centenary Club so have sent one off and will let ye know how it goes might head down there perhaps and check it out...

thanks again :)

Advertisement