Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ART 1 month ban

Options
  • 14-09-2009 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

To whom it may concern,
    I received a 1 month ban for posting(my first post) what was termed homomphobic by a moderator called amadeus in the A/R/T forum. Upon reflection my post was worded wrong and it may have come across like so. I wish to say it was an error on my behalf and I would like to ask for my ban to be lifted. I am new to boards and I was thinking maybe a warning or the like would have have been appropriate rather than a ban.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Send a private message to the moderator in question and explain it - I'm sure you can work something out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Hi Ben,

I'm sorry that you feel so strongly that your ban is unjustified.

However according to the site rules "Inappropriate Posts will be removed – this includes vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

In your original post (now deleted but viewable by the Admins) you said:

"LGBT also not relevent, imo they should be kept out of sport altogether"

While you are now attempting to claim that you intended this to be read as the LGBT topic should be kept out of sports forums that is not how it looks or reads. As this was a first post in the ART forum and a first post on Boards we have no history to measure you by so we have no way of knowing if you are the worlds nicest person who happened to make a clumsy post or someone who holds strongly homophobic views.

A month long ban is - I feel - justified, bearing in mind that there are several clearly edited posts above yours and that the post in question was against both Forum and Site rules. You are free to post on other areas of the site - your ban only applies to ART.

However I will talk this over with the other ART mods and if they feel that a month is too harsh we may reduce it. Does that sound fair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 benrichards

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do agree with what you say and how it looks and yes it was clumsy. It was never my attention to come across that way, but I hold my hand up and apologise, it was worded badly/wrong. Whatever punishment you feel necessary I will accept, I just want to clear it that I was not intentionally going down that road, it was a clumsy typo.

Thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Hi Ben, as per teh PM I have sent you I have had a chat with the other Mods. Based on the fact that it was your first post and your behaviour since we're pretty sure it was a misunderstanding, so the ban has been lifted. Sorry for any hassle!

Advertisement