Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water Quality

• 14-09-2009 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

My water quality test results came back and showed my well water is more or less fine, but the level of manganese is elevated. The person in the water test company said the levels might be ok to use, but the council may require a treatment unit (I have applied for a grant).

What are the options for treating manganese and is it very expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Tester46 wrote: »
    My water quality test results came back and showed my well water is more or less fine, but the level of manganese is elevated. The person in the water test company said the levels might be ok to use, but the council may require a treatment unit (I have applied for a grant).

What are the options for treating manganese and is it very expensive?
    It will be sorted with your water treatment system.
    Google "treating manganese" and you will get lots of info.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

muffler wrote: »
    It will be sorted with your water treatment system.
    Google "treating manganese" and you will get lots of info.

Thanks.

At the moment I don't have any water treatment system. The well is 400ft deep and the local rock is shale, so the water quality is quite good. The well driller/installer knows the local area well and said we won't need a water treatment system unless something shows up on the quality tests (which it did). On that basis, I would be installing something just for the managnese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Juantorena

From a local (Galway) water treatment supplier from whom I will be getting my treatment system (only relationship)...treatment for iron/manganese/lime - size 10x44: rec retail = €2200, discounted price = €1300

I can pm you details of supplier if you wish.

Juantorena wrote: »
    From a local (Galway) water treatment supplier from whom I will be getting my treatment system (only relationship)...treatment for iron/manganese/lime - size 10x44: rec retail = €2200, discounted price = €1300

I can pm you details of supplier if you wish.

Thanks. Is that one of those ion exchange systems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Juantorena

Thanks. Is that one of those ion exchange systems?

Y'know, I'm not sure. I have some info on their systems..I'll try and track it down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Thanks.

At the moment I don't have any water treatment system. The well is 400ft deep and the local rock is shale, so the water quality is quite good. The well driller/installer knows the local area well and said we won't need a water treatment system unless something shows up on the quality tests (which it did). On that basis, I would be installing something just for the managnese.

400 ft deep, Are you sure?

400 ft deep, Are you sure?

That's what we were told. And charged for. Reputable well driller who was recommended by everyone we asked for an opinion.

Why, is 400ft unfeasible? Or just unusual?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Anything over 250 ft is unusual, I would have thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 WexfordGirl

Hi,

Can you PM where you got your testing done? I really need to get ours tested and have been putting it on the long finger!!!

Thanks
    WG

Advertisement