Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter in doonbeg?

Options
  • 14-09-2009 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Anyone else in Doonbeg saturday see a helicopter with a front mounted camera hovering close to and taking shots of the surfers?
    I assume they were taking pics for Cois Fharraige as there were pretty big crowds around.

Whoever they were they got a nice pic of me wiping out... :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭mechwarrior

i was in achill - no waves whatsoever but great to just relax and enjoy some music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Burgerman55

that was probably just the coast guard.

pretty sure cois fharraige did not have the resources to rent a chopper out for the afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

The helicopter was filming footage of some of the local lads surfing for a new ad campaign, not cois fharraige

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bill Cosby

Really, what ad campaign is it for? it was like the carribean in doonbeg.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Bill Cosby wrote: »
    it was like the carribean in doonbeg.

It really was, clear skies, clear water, plenty of eye candy on the beach! It was the busiest I've ever seen it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭whynotwhycanti

Was in doonbeg fri and getting out of the water there was this hot chick splashing around in waist deep water with a surf board in a bikini, with guys in the water also filming her. i didn't know what was going on and hadnt noticed all the people on the beach with loads of equipment as they weren't there when i got in the water. Was chatting to one of the guys working there and he told me its a new add for discover ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

Was in doonbeg fri and getting out of the water there was this hot chick splashing around in waist deep water with a surf board in a bikini

Thank God they are out to show the real Ireland at last. I must have been surfing the wrong places of late cos can't remember seeing too many bikini clad surfers in Ireland of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Was in doonbeg fri and getting out of the water there was this hot chick splashing around in waist deep water with a surf board in a bikini, with guys in the water also filming her. i didn't know what was going on and hadnt noticed all the people on the beach with loads of equipment as they weren't there when i got in the water. Was chatting to one of the guys working there and he told me its a new add for discover ireland.

Damnit, I was there on friday and I saw a film crew packing up to leave just as I arrived. Presumably this bikini clad lady was gone by then too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

I was in doonbeg on saturday too, didnt see the chopper there but i saw one up the coast later on in the day although i thought that was the coastguard.

Wish i had brought the shortboard with me to doonbeg, it was much bigger than i expected It was very dumpy when we arrived in the afternoon, after a while we went somewhere else which we saw was pretty decent on the way to doonbeg earlier. It was ok for a while and just as we were about to get out of the water, a sexy little Right just appeared to the right hand side of where we were, a good bit away from the main pack. Me and my mate had this super consistent little beauty to ourselves for about 45 minutes and we gorged ourselves on waves! Eventually a longboarder spotted us, jumped in and got it on the action but it was almost sundown then so we were happy to leave. It was one of those sessions ill be dreaming of for weeks and is still putting a smile on my face! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ourfi

Was in doonbeg saturday and was also wondering about the helicopter. Fantastic day and surf, everyone about in great form. How did the discover ireland people mange to pick such a perfect day? I'll also be wiping out but am not brave enough for the bikini in september....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭mechwarrior

ourfi wrote: »
    How did the discover ireland people mange to pick such a perfect day? I'll also be wiping out but am not brave enough for the bikini in september....

maybe they kept an eye on surf reports :) and as for the bikini i'd say it's the price to pay to show in an ad :)

Advertisement