Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a passport from the Irish Embassy, Canberra

Options
  • 14-09-2009 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

I recently renewed my passport through the embassy here. I sent it off about off about 4 1/2 weeks ago and I got a phone call from the embassy asking me about a small detail I left out which means they got it that day. That day was exactly four weeks ago. I've been told that it takes no more than six weeks to complete the process but I'm into week 5 now and it's not even showing up on the Passport Tracking facility on the Foreign Affairs website.

I'm going to the US in November and if it's still not even processing in Dublin after four weeks then who knows when I'll actually get it. Should I just be patient? Is this normal? Anyone else applied for a new passport through the embassy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Yeah I put mine through the washing machine and had to get a new one. I remember it being a very short process and was very happy with the service even joking to a friend how the same process in my own country would have been twice as difficult.

Thats why Ireland is fuked and oz is sailing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Yeah I put mine through the washing machine and had to get a new one. I remember it being a very short process and was very happy with the service even joking to a friend how the same process in my own country would have been twice as difficult.

Thats why Ireland is fuked and oz is sailing.

You know they process it in Ireland right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

No. Sorry. Spose its obvious now that you say it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I'm sending mine off soon, as like you brendan mine was water damaged - hopefully will take only a short time, as going home in decemeber

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Oh thank f**k! It showed up as approved on the website, phew! *wipes sweat off brow*

Was getting worried about it. I've had some bad experiences with Australia Post and I was hoping to god this wasn't going to be one of the them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement