Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney Cat

Options
  • 14-09-2009 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Kinda freaked out. Caught the cat trying to climb up the chimney yesterday, managed to grab her tail and pull her down but worried she is going to try it again and get stuck! We have a fire guard but she can knock it over easily, and we use the fire so can’t block it up.

Anyone had this problem, or can anyone think of a way to discourage her from going near the fire?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

could you get some wire mesh like chicken wire and stuff a bit of that up there temporarily and take it out when using fire

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

could you get some wire mesh like chicken wire and stuff a bit of that up there temporarily and take it out when using fire

Good idea, think I will give that a go!

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

My pure white cat used to do this! Was great fun bathing my DelBoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

FAYESY wrote: »

My cat is black so she didn't look manky after, but my cream mat did :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My cats have tried this too, I thought maybe they'd heard a bird on the chimney as that really echos down the chimney. It was summer so I stuffed newspaper up to block it and they lost interest.
    Only dicovered they'd been up the chimney when I came home and found the sooty paw prints up the stairs and into my bed:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

FAYESY wrote: »

lol i understand all to well, my old ginger kitty used to like digging out the fire when she was in one of those mischievous moods. You would think being ginger you wouldnt have noticed as much :P but she had a knack of making sure she was good and black.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Our old cat done this the 1st day we got him. He was a nervous little thing. And of course we had to call him sooty:p

Advertisement