Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protein Scandal

Options
  • 14-09-2009 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Just back from Tesco (Maynooth) and disgusted at the price of meat and eggs.

Anyone know where to buy cheap and resonble quality meat? I'd consider wholesale if the price was right.

And, anyone know of a good source of cheap farm eggs around North Kildare/This side Dublin?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭smallgarden

theres a place that sells to public that do good deals on meat,courtney meats,kcr,think there might be one on northside as well,maybe in blanch or clondalkin

http://www.advancecleaning.ie/courtney_food_service/ourmeat.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

I have heard that Keepak in Damastown (on the otherside of the N3 from Clonee) do customer sales. I have never been in there myself, so not sure what the deal is, but worth a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Fooddestroyer

Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    I have heard that Keepak in Damastown (on the otherside of the N3 from Clonee) do customer sales. I have never been in there myself, so not sure what the deal is, but worth a go!

emailed them there to see the craic, thanks.

theres a place that sells to public that do good deals on meat,courtney meats,kcr,think there might be one on northside as well,maybe in blanch or clondalkin

http://www.advancecleaning.ie/courtney_food_service/ourmeat.htm

Good work. Need to analyze the prices further and compare with local deals..

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

There is a butchers on meath street that does great deals also when buying in bulk. On the corner across from the market, before the chipper.

• Advertisement

There is a butchers on meath street that does great deals also when buying in bulk. On the corner across from the market, before the chipper.

Ok, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Mizu_Ger wrote: »

I work beside Keepak in Damastown and regularly drop in and get their StripLoin steaks ... €10 for 4 X 8oz Striploins is the norm although last week they were doing 5 for €10 ...

Usual Prices for Keepak is :

4 X 8oz striploins = €10
    4 X 8oz fillets = €20
    2.3kg bag of "fillet ends" (great for stews / caseroles / currys etc) = €14

They do Legs of Lamb (boned and rolled or standard) too but can't remember the price per KG off hand ...

They also do Fillet joints , 2KG bags diced beef and some weird sounding type of beef cut that begins with "P" - I remember asking them what it was and was told it was a type of cut of beef popular with Brazillians (a little higher in Fat content)

RayCon wrote: »
    I work beside Keepak in Damastown and regularly drop in and get their StripLoin steaks ... €10 for 4 X 8oz Striploins is the norm although last week they were doing 5 for €10 ...

Usual Prices for Keepak is :

4 X 8oz striploins = €10
    4 X 8oz fillets = €20
    2.3kg bag of "fillet ends" (great for stews / caseroles / currys etc) = €14

They do Legs of Lamb (boned and rolled or standard) too but can't remember the price per KG off hand ...

They also do Fillet joints , 2KG bags diced beef and some weird sounding type of beef cut that begins with "P" - I remember asking them what it was and was told it was a type of cut of beef popular with Brazillians (a little higher in Fat content)

Good work!

As a matter of interest, does any one have a link, or any information on how this compares with local supermarket prices? Like an irish version of www.mysupermarket.co.uk

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

There is a dixcount butcher beside super valu in confey leixlip no prices off the top of my head. Don't eat enought meat to dustify the trip myself. EuroSpar by barnhall do 20 medium eggs for €2 might be friday only but they have offers in the butcher on friday too so might be worth a look.

Thread title cvaught my attention too. If you are looking for more protein sources cottage cheese is cheap as chip in tesco and the german discounters sme for own brand tuna.

There is a dixcount butcher beside super valu in confey leixlip no prices off the top of my head. Don't eat enought meat to dustify the trip myself. EuroSpar by barnhall do 20 medium eggs for €2 might be friday only but they have offers in the butcher on friday too so might be worth a look.

Thread title cvaught my attention too. If you are looking for more protein sources cottage cheese is cheap as chip in tesco and the german discounters sme for own brand tuna.

Thanks for that mate, much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement