Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow on Bazs' Culture Clash

Options
  • 14-09-2009 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up that Carlow will be featured on the 3rd Bazs' Culture Clash episode on RTE 2. The series starts tonight at 10.30pm so Carlow will be on the week after next weeks episode.

I have no idea what good to anyone that info will do, but sure ....

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

the temple of Isis??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

the temple of Isis??

what?

i know what Isis is but never heard of it in relation to carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Thats out in Huntington Castle isnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

tis, out in clonegal direction.

this though is about carlow shopping centre - and lets be honest, will probably only be about 5 mins of the whole show. Theres a bit about it in the carlow people with a picture of an amazinginly handsome chap behind bars.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The temple is in the basement of the castle (Huntingdon castle) in Clonegal. Jam ,saw the photo in the people,presume modesty permits you claiming credit :D:D

• Advertisement

them and their 'expert in the paranormal' line. theres no such thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

iamhunted wrote: »
    a picture of an amazinginly handsome chap behind bars.

You're normally not that gracious so Im guessing its your ugly head!

Not to take away from the thread, but that program looks like a waste of RTE's money. Baz is no doubt very popular at the moment and RTE have spent months trying to work him into some program of his own and based on the ads, it looks like they got it wrong. But we'll see.

I watched last weeks one and it was very watchable - the format has been done before though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Ill give it a go so!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Nead21 wrote: »
    what? i know what Isis is but never heard of it in relation to carlow

WellofBrighid.jpg.w300h428.jpg

http://lotuspharia.freeyellow.com/thecircleofisis/id247.html !

• Advertisement

i really am in two minds about actually telling anyone this is on tonight - 10.25, rte2

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Im dreading it to be honest,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Didn't think much of it. They had a Ghost-Ometer (some yoke that was detecting spirits with lights on it, ondly spirits around were on sale in SQ) up in the old-gym that Baz iirc said had mysteriously seen its' member numbers dwindle.
    Anyone shed any light on this? Why did gym close down? Where did it move to? Did members leave cos it was closing-down or cos cost was too-high?
    Weren't Nationalist temporarily based out of there in-between their' move from Tullow St. to Hillcrest Hse.?
    It's surely a haven for nothingness now. All it is is a big-unused space in between Kennedy Ave. & the S.C. You can't actualy go anywhere once upstairs cos nothing there & doors locked iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Yeah, The Nationalist was in a porta-cabin outside the front door for a while.
    The segment seems to have filmed around Christmas time judging by all the Christmas paraphernalia.
    I nearly wet myself laughing when the sound man collapsed after feeling a chill in an unheated room in the middle of a winter's night. The only logical explaination had to be a ghost passing through him, more plausible than a fully grown man's imagination causing him to faint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Yeah I think a few of the lines he used are just a bit cheesy.. Made it seem comical?

Anyway I don't know what to say really other than unless you've been in the place before when noone else is there then ya wouldn't understand it.. It's horrible

the 'ghostometer' is an emf meter which reads electro magnetic frequencies which comes from electricity. I think the point being made was there was no electricity in there.

I didnt watch it, but six hours condensed down to six minutes makes it all look a bit ****.

Didn't think much of it. They had a Ghost-Ometer (some yoke that was detecting spirits with lights on it, ondly spirits around were on sale in SQ) up in the old-gym that Baz iirc said had mysteriously seen its' member numbers dwindle.
    Anyone shed any light on this? Why did gym close down? Where did it move to? Did members leave cos it was closing-down or cos cost was too-high?
    Weren't Nationalist temporarily based out of there in-between their' move from Tullow St. to Hillcrest Hse.?
    It's surely a haven for nothingness now. All it is is a big-unused space in between Kennedy Ave. & the S.C. You can't actualy go anywhere once upstairs cos nothing there & doors locked iirc.

The closing of the gym etc has nothing to do with apparent 'paranormal activity'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I saw boardsies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

i just looked at it
    heres a link for anyone who missed it

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1056418now .

i'm so glad that I had twisted my ankle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Thought it was an interesting piece, well done lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I thought it was watchable....and seemed to be intentionally tongue in cheek....plus with the alien guy on it Carlow couldn't come off looking that bad.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

iamhunted wrote: »
    the 'ghostometer' is an emf meter which reads electro magnetic frequencies which comes from electricity. I think the point being made was there was no electricity in there.

I didnt watch it, but six hours condensed down to six minutes makes it all look a bit ****.

They mentioned no electricty alright and while there may have been no mains electricity there are plenty of other sources of EMF... broadcast standard digital tv camera, sound recording equipment, and I bet more than a couple of mobile phones too. And they shouldn't rule out EMF from external normal sources being picked up and relayed through the building by the internal wiring.

true, to a degree but Im not an electrician. The power sources are obviously random as sometime detectors go mad, sometimes they dont. Ive been up there with both the K2 and the cell sensor (both single phase detectors granted so not as accurate as a trifield) and no matter what way you look at it, whatever is causing it isnt obvious.

Cell phones are always off, plus we checked the cameras etc. they were only giving off readings when the meter was on top of them. There is emergency power for sprinklers in there but again, you had to be less than 10-20 mm away from them to detect anything.

We've already checked out all the obvious suspects when it comes to this. Whatever is left is more than likely environmental but, as I say, we arent electricians (well a few of the team actually are) and we dont know the electrical schematics of the place so its hard to say.

I think the repeat of this is on tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ShotgunBoy

He said afterwards that he is now more of a believer in the world of the supernatural since filming the episode, although the soundman may have been suffering from the after-effects of a curry.

Ha ha ha I thought this was hilarious.

Advertisement