Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adebayor (Mod warning Post #35)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

He came close to his eyes, with his studs. Could have blinded him. an inch or so difference and there could have been serious problems.

ok, i'll adopt your logic.

Van Persie nearly broke both of Adebayours legs.
    Adebayour was nearly decapitated by the chair thrown by the Arsenal fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

The stamp looks worse according to which angle you watch it at. In saying that the ref should have picked up on it. He made a mistake.

Regardless of the fact whether or not the ref seen the incident or not, Adebayor deserves to be banned for a few months in my opinion. Disgraceful thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Will he be banned for Sunday?

Wouldn't it be ironic if City were light upfront this weekend after all the talk about a billion strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mr Alan wrote: »
    ok, i'll adopt your logic.

Van Persie nearly broke both of Adebayours legs.
    Adebayour was nearly decapitated by the chair thrown by the Arsenal fans.

Yeah, cause VP made loads of contact and the chair came so close to Adebayor that it made no contact, at all, not even within feet of him.

Seriously Al, this is what you are resorting to?

you said he nearly blinded him because his foot touched his face. you started the sensationalist nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Mr Alan, are you Adebayor's half brother or 4th cousin twice removed or something?? Cannot for the life of me, see why you are standing up for his action...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

And? Do you have a point to go with that?

Show me the reports of Rooney being banned for clear stamping, and United appealing it.

Otherwise, jog on.

banned for two matches and fined $4,440 by fifa for stamping on carlvalho,world cup quarter final.granted it wasnt for united.but uefa have investigated him before,for stamping on an aalborg player during champs league.

because i think people are judging wat he did based on their pre-conceived opinions of him, as opposed to the actual offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

well to say he blinded him is a bit over the top
    its like saying every bad tackle could have ended a lads career, cos it happened a few times before.

and i doubt he aimed for his eye, in fact i doubt he even aimed for his head, he just stamped down.

mr alan just arguing for sake of it.

adeboyer was wrong ,should be banned for a few games and fined.thats the right decision.end of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

because i think people are judging wat he did based on their pre-conceived opinions of him, as opposed to the actual offence.

My pre-conceived opinion was that he would be too lazy and easy going to do something like this ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Unearthly wrote: »
    Will he be banned for Sunday?

Wouldn't it be ironic if City were light upfront this weekend after all the talk about a billion strikers.

It's ok, Benjani likes playing at OT ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Xavi6 wrote: »
    And on that, if Adebayor is charged and banned for tackle does Clattenburg get a demotion for missing such a clearcut incident despite being right on the spot?

well yes.

yes he should.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

A three match ban is not enough, what sort of message does that send out to any kids that were watching, stamping on someone and antagonizing the crowd like that is not on. He could start a riot doing somthing like that.
    I agree with what was said earlier about losing an eye, could easily happen, its dangerous and nasty and that sort of thing needs to be stamped out of football.
    Forgive the pun :pac:

SlickRic wrote: »
    well yes.

yes he should.

definitely ,how on earth can he say he didnt see it .laughable.

anplaya wrote: »
    banned for two matches and fined $4,440 by fifa for stamping on carlvalho,world cup quarter final.granted it wasnt for united.but uefa have investigated him before,for stamping on an aalborg player during champs league.

AND, SO?

Show me the UNITED APPEAL!

I never said Rooney has never stamped on someone. I said if Rooney did the same as Adebayor and got banned for it, I would be ashamed of United if they appealed it - it would be United admitting such actions are fine and condoned.

If Adebayor is banned, and City appeal the banning (for the clear stamp) it would, to me, be them saying what he did was perfectly acceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Course you are. Vidic and Rio are off the hook for Sunday now.

nope. I like to see justice served

Headshot wrote: »
    nope. I like to see justice served

So you were calling for Ronaldo to be charged after he kicked out at Delap and Wilkinson in the same game last year?

Come on down off that high horse.

So you were calling for Ronaldo to be charged after he kicked out at Delap and Wilkinson in the same game last year?

Come on down off that high horse.

if FA were going to charge him that would be fine since he did kick out

but they didnt

ade is being charged and I think a stamp on someones head and nearly hitting RVP's eye is worse than what Ronaldo ever did

• Advertisement

AND, SO?

I never said Rooney has never stamped on someone. I said if Rooney did the same as Adebayor and got banned for it, I would be ashamed of United if they appealed it - it would be United admitting such actions are fine and condoned.

If Adebayor is banned, and City appeal the banning (for the clear stamp) it would, to me, be them saying what he did was perfectly acceptable.

he didnt get banned v aalborg ,so no appeal.
    thats why i never mentioned appeals,cause united didnt appeal anything.just pointed out he has got banned for stamping before.for what?stamping.england never appealed it faik as they knew theyd be in the wrong.

just like city need to face up to it if they appeal a ban.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

This weekends match threads will be fun.

Headshot wrote: »

ade is being charged and I think a stamp on someones head and nearly hitting RVP's eye is worse than what Ronaldo ever did

dunno bout that (paris hilton):pac:

anplaya wrote: »
    dunno bout that (paris hilton):pac:

good point who knows what he's carrying now

AND, SO?

they're winding you up, just leave it.

everyone in their right mind knows...

1) he should be banned all things being fair.

2) (to keep Al happy ;)) VP's tackle and exuberant celebration should be looked at.

3) Clattenburg, whether he missed it or not, should be disciplined. he either missed something that was right in front of him, or chickened out of a big decision.

what actually ends up happenening is another thing altogether.

You forgot Van Persies celebration should be looked at also.

• Advertisement

You forgot Van Persies celebration should be looked at also.

duly noted.

but only because the FA seem to be charging Ade's.

the celebrations are a 'meh' point for me personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

It's ok, Benjani likes playing at OT ;)

He's nothing without his partner in crime Darius Vassell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

SlickRic wrote: »
    duly noted.

but only because the FA seem to be charging Ade's.

the celebrations are a 'meh' point for me personally.

and what about VP's tackle that seems a meh point for most people too. ade reacted to it badly but it was bad tackle none the less.

bigstar wrote: »
    and what about VP's tackle that seems a meh point for most people too. ade reacted to it badly but it was bad tackle none the less.

um yeah.

which is why, (even though i said it was to keep Al happy!), i included it in my original post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

When will something be announced?

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »

well he's been charged for the stamp and the celebration.

he has until wed 6pm to appeal the stamp as far as I can tell, with the celebration being looked at at a later date.

the announcement about the stamp will be made before saturday.

RasTa wrote: »

how I understand it is

city have till 18.00 tomorrow to appeal and what ever happens we'll know by thursday i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

can't see an appeal as he could get more games for a frivolous appeal which it would be given what the referee has since said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Can't believe people are defending him, he stamped on another person's head ffs, there are few worse things that could happen in a game of football, the potential damage he could have caused is huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Celebration was a bit of fun - I must say, this notion that everyone is repsonsibile for everyone elses behaviour smacks so much of nanny-statism... you kids better be carfeful - you might end up wanting the governing authorities to take away ALL your personal repsonsibilites and have a rule for everything. Be careful what you wish for. You may end up being treated like the witless idiots you so clearly think all football fans are - mindless baboons with no repsonsibility for self control.

Stamp looked bad - probably banned even if appealed. He didn't eat any children or ravish an effigy of the virgin mary or burn some flag or other. I never did anything as a child that i saw a footballer do and if youre relying on footballers to give "examples" to your kids then I would recommend you dont have any or give away the ones you have, because you clearly take no repsonsibility in bringing them up.

Keep in mind, amidst all the hand wringing and "save our souls", that I hope there is consistancy on these matters from both the FA and all the parping moralisers here. I'm looking forward to the first bit of dirty play from a Utd, Pool or other "big" team in media terms and how it is treated.

It looks like he played a bit dirty and will likely get a ban. You drama queens need to get a sense of perspective.

A guy who goes to watch City train every day posted this just a while ago on one of the forums -
    Loads of cameramen there today with eyes basically only for Ade. Sad buggers really but they will have got some good pictures of him including after one goal he scored when he ran a few yards and slid on his knees straight towards them.

The cheeky bastard! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

A guy who goes to watch City train every day posted this just a while ago on one of the forums -

The cheeky bastard! :D

Another three match ban for him so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

lol @ all the utd fans having conniption fits before the weekends derby.

Fairs fair, looks like he did stamp on RVP, and I'll accept a ban of 2-3 games for it truth be told. Its utter bullsh_it though that he's been charged with the celebration given he was carded on the day, wheres the FA consistancy?

A thought about the celebration, its too bad grown adults who dish out a bit of stick can't take it when it's thrown back at them, hypocrisy of the highest order. in my opioion he's entitled to celebrate wherever he wants, especially at his own home pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Ban for the clear stamp..Celebration-just him expressing himself.Not his fault if fans cant take a little of their own back

Soby wrote: »
    Ban for the clear stamp..Celebration-just him expressing himself.Not his fault if fans cant take a little of their own back

he should get a fine for it - like Neville did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

he should get a fine for it - like Neville did.

For running the length of the pitch?If he had scored the other end and ran 10 metres and slid towards the corner would that deserve a ban too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

For running the length of the pitch?If he had scored the other end and ran 10 metres and slid towards the corner would that deserve a ban too?

No for consistency.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

there is 0 doubt his actions were inciting the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

mayordenis wrote: »
    there is 0 doubt his actions were inciting the crowd.

I'm not defending him but the crowd were doing their own inciting too, their Adebayor chant was disgraceful and has no place in football either. The whole thing was a bit of a mess to be honest. I think the clubs should be punished because neither your players nor fans should behave like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Its hilarious how its only United fans kicking up a stink over this. The Arsenal fans gave him stick all last season(if not longer), of course he was going to give it back at the first opportunity. It was a great celebration, fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

8-10 wrote: »
    I'm not defending him but the crowd were doing their own inciting too, their Adebayor chant was disgraceful and has no place in football either. The whole thing was a bit of a mess to be honest. I think the clubs should be punished because neither your players nor fans should behave like that.

The fans inciting Adebayor will serve to piss him off, him inciting them could potentially start a riot and is dangerous. There's a difference there. I'm not saying I blame him, just if you let players celebrate like he did the whole time then you'll start seeing a lot more trouble at games. It's unfortunate for the players, but they have to rise above whatever the crowd chants at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

He should just be banned for the stamp(and I'm an Arsenal fan).

All his goal celebration did was prove he's a di*k. Fans are responsible for their own behaviour, they're not children.

gosplan wrote: »
    All his goal celebration did was prove he's a di*k. Fans are responsible for their own behaviour, they're not children.

agree 100%

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

gosplan wrote: »
    He should just be banned for the stamp(and I'm an Arsenal fan).

But he's meant to be the professional and set a good example, god knows he's paid enough to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Blatant stamp definitely agree with a ban for that.

And i agree that there should be some sort of punishment for the celebration. Not because players are responsible for the actions of fans but because we can't have a situation where players taunt the crowd. If it was a similar gathering of a dangerous crowd (and fans at football matches are a dangerous crowd) outside of football and somebody was somehow taunting and enrageing them then the police would remove that person. Football matches take place at the discretion of the police and so the football body has a responsibility to make sure that they don't unnecessarily aggravate the crowd.
    I never did anything as a child that i saw a footballer do and if youre relying on footballers to give "examples" to your kids then I would recommend you dont have any or give away the ones you have, because you clearly take no repsonsibility in bringing them up.
    Of course children are influenced by what they see their idols doing. Responsible parents simply don't let their kids watch sports where vindictive violence is allowed. The english fa has aimed their sport at families in the modern era so it's reasonable to call for blatant violence to be punished.

Advertisement