Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is KFC going in beside TK Maxx?

Options
  • 14-09-2009 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Is KFC going in beside TK Maxx, up above Cuba there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Hope so, it would be SAVAGE

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

fatties :p

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

I dont think so. Its Providence cafe and restaurant and a clothes shop called zebra.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Mmmmm chicken...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Kanney wrote: »
    Is KFC going in beside TK Maxx, up above Cuba there?

Not sure, i heard it was opening in five months, and those units will be open in less that two months.,..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I love me some KFC... Can't wait til it comes to Galway

1805.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

I thought it was....maybe I'm wrong. I also thought that Pizza Hut was going to up here in Ballybrit in the Dunnes complex. There is definitely planning going through for a drive through Fast Food joint there, so maybe KFC are locating a drive-thru there?

I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

from what i know its going into 'phase two' in knocknacara near the dunnes and new look shpot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

What's the deal with KFC being allowed get away with not revealing their full ingredients? Highly-addictive, E-number-laden, MSG-loaded, carcinogenic muck!

Bon appetit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Meh always peferred Popyes Chicken myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Tzetze wrote: »
    What's the deal with KFC being allowed get away with not revealing their full ingredients? Highly-addictive, E-number-laden, MSG-loaded, carcinogenic muck!

Bon appetit!

You know E numbers aren't necessarily bad :rolleyes:, that's a myth, for example E300 is vitamin C and E162 is just beetroot juice!

Plus if you're walking into KFC or any other fast food restaurant, you are hardly expecting a nutritious, well balanced meal... Mmmm... Deep fried goodness...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

gary82 wrote: »
    You know E numbers aren't necessarily bad :rolleyes:, that's a myth, for example E300 is vitamin C and E162 is just beetroot juice!

Ok, thanks. :rolleyes:
    I've read that 'not all e-numbers are bad for you'. That's a long way from 'all e-numbers are harmless'.

They can still shove their 'secret recipe'.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

JohnCleary wrote: »
    fatties :p
    Mmmm, yes I can't wait to have some of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

Screw KFC.

When's TK Maxx opening? Is it big?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Svalbard wrote: »
    Screw KFC.

When's TK Maxx opening? Is it big?

Late October.

Bigish...

Ok, thanks. :rolleyes:
    I've read that 'not all e-numbers are bad for you'. That's a long way from 'all e-numbers are harmless'.

They can still shove their 'secret recipe'.

someone told me yesterday they boil the chicken in milk before breading it.. no idea if it's true.

also, e-numbers killed my father and raped my mother. down with this sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

down with this sort of thing.

Careful Now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'd love to make my return to Galway and gorge myself on KFC.

I'd love to make my return to Galway and gorge myself on KFC.

You stay where you are with your Belgian, Flemish speaking folk.

We zullen u geen Fried kip, dat u weinig worst man... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Bonzodog wrote: »
    I thought it was....maybe I'm wrong. I also thought that Pizza Hut was going to up here in Ballybrit in the Dunnes complex. There is definitely planning going through for a drive through Fast Food joint there, so maybe KFC are locating a drive-thru there?

I hope so.

Pretty sure I read that this got declined on the grounds that they don't know what's happening with the roading/outer by-pass yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

JustMary wrote: »
    Pretty sure I read that this got declined on the grounds that they don't know what's happening with the roading/outer by-pass yet.

No, that was Phase 2, which was a major extension. The drive thru was approved at the beginning o the year. Don't recall if it was announced that it was KFC(going in, but they were interested for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Thats the NN Taxi Drivers happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Mike... wrote: »

funny guy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Mike... wrote: »

Is KFC popular in Nigeria et al?

I wouldn't have expected Africans to be any more well-disposed towards America's attempts at world-domination of food brands than Irish people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Racist image removed from Mikes post and card given
    Take it to some private forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

JustMary wrote: »
    Is KFC popular in Nigeria et al?

I wouldn't have expected Africans to be any more well-disposed towards America's attempts at world-domination of food brands than Irish people are.

black people love fried chicken. Didn't you know? It's hilarious, like saying Irish people are all drunks.

tbh wrote: »
    black people love fried chicken

...and taffy... and watermelon...

Then again, who DOESN'T like fried chicken? (besides vegetarians, vegans & hippies)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

tbh wrote: »
    black people love fried chicken. Didn't you know? It's hilarious, like saying Irish people are all drunks.
    But... We are all drunks.
    ...and taffy... and watermelon...

Then again, who DOESN'T like fried chicken? (besides vegetarians, vegans & hippies)
    And possibly chickens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Bon appetit!

Carcinogenic?

Fried food is carcinogenic - that lovely browning? Oh Yeah. But even toast has the PAHs that make fried food carcinogenic. Being overweight makes you prone to cancer as well and duh, KFC is pretty good at makin fatties.

But you know what? Nobody here is suggesting that eating dinner from the chipper every day is like, the world's best idea. And frankly, the people that are stupid enough to think that... the world is better off without. Natural selection, baby.

MSG is a bunch of crazy unscientific crap. It's absolutely harmless. Some people claim to be sensitive to it, but for most people it's no different than getting sodium from table salt (basically it should be taken in moderation)

Addictive? **** guys. It's not like it has crack in it. Self control. Granted, I'm being pretty hypocritical on this point since a packet of ginger nut biscuits to me is like a flame to a moth, but there's nothing truly addictive about it. That's just a phrase people who have no self control (like me) like to bandy about to feel better about the fact that we can't walk past our food nemesis without grabbing it and scarfing it down.

E-numbers? More reactionary hippy mumbo jumbo that's been picked up by the media and overblown and now smarties are pastel. ****ing hippies. E numbers aren't the problem, processed food is the problem. Takes all the nutrition out of it, adds too much sugar and salt. E-numbers are nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I cook most (as in, 85%) of the food I eat from scratch. I eat fairly healthily, 34 cent ginger nut biscuit sleeve obsession notwithstanding. Two meatless days a week, lots of oily fish and very little fried food. In fact, I can't even tolerate too much fried food because my stomach isn't used to it and so I get terrible gas which is oh so very attractive. Anyway, my point is, KFC isn't the problem. The problem is people. And there's been plenty of chippers and packaged food around anyway, if people want to slowly waddle themselves into an oversized casket they'll be doing it whether the american chicken kaiser colonel arrives or not.

/rant over

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement