Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is KFC going in beside TK Maxx?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Thank you.

That was actually a complete pleasure to read, and I agree one hundred percent.

I cannot wait to get my teeth into some tasty tasty chickeny goodness, and as Xiney said, it's only really for a treat or those days where you just can't face cooking (hungover, sick, etc etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

yeah! like Xiney said, why spend 85% of your time cooking - there's nothing wrong with KFC, so eat it whenever you want!

nom nom nom

tbh wrote: »
    so eat it whenever you want!

Moderation, my friend. That's the name of the game! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

Mike... wrote: »
    Thats the NN Taxi Drivers happy

racist.. totally.
    the attitude because a kfc may come too town.. people in this back water dont like change, dont like different races, different cultures and now different food... if you want too reap the benefits of a growing city, with a multi cultural background, stop dragging your feet in the ground over petty matters
    galways history should be enough to embrace the new, the many cultures of this world.. some folk should really think on a larger scale..
    we do not live in one town, one city, one county, one country, one continent.. we live on one planet.. and if you want to be racist.. come off this planet and go mess with someone elses universe
    (sorry for the rant, but lately its any excuse to be racist, and as someone who is half italian, half irish, and has half jamaican children, it gets to me)

as for kfc.. hope it comes and i hope it comes, but please dont use this or anything else to be racist and ignorant..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

as someone who is half italian, half irish, and has half jamaican children, it gets to me)

man your kids must have the most amazing accents ever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Maqnus

racist.. totally.
    the attitude because a kfc may come too town.. people in this back water dont like change, dont like different races, different cultures and now different food... if you want too reap the benefits of a growing city, with a multi cultural background, stop dragging your feet in the ground over petty matters
    galways history should be enough to embrace the new, the many cultures of this world.. some folk should really think on a larger scale..
    we do not live in one town, one city, one county, one country, one continent.. we live on one planet.. and if you want to be racist.. come off this planet and go mess with someone elses universe
    (sorry for the rant, but lately its any excuse to be racist, and as someone who is half italian, half irish, and has half jamaican children, it gets to me)

as for kfc.. hope it comes and i hope it comes, but please dont use this or anything else to be racist and ignorant..

Jaysus Christ, learn how to take a joke! Back water? How dare you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Maqnus wrote: »
    Jaysus Christ, learn how to take a joke! Back water? How dare you.

In all seriousness, Galway (actually, Ireland) is a backwater for anyone who's from a real city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Xiney wrote: »
    In all seriousness, Galway (actually, Ireland) is a backwater for anyone who's from a real city.

I don't agree and I've lived in many cities around the world (Melbourne , Ulsan , San Fran , Boston etc to name a few..) ..Sure it's small and doesn't have great infrastructure but it's friendly , safe and to be we have a fantastic quality of life in Galway (even if they moan about everthing all the time..me included lol).

Just because it's a backwater doesn't mean I can't like it.

It has its charm!

If it makes anyone feel any better I think Dublin is a backwater too, with less charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Fair enough, eat whatever you like in moderation. I still can't fathom how they can get away with not revealing their full ingredients as it's a 'secret recipe'. That was the point of my post.

And of course, I have the option of not eating there and eating there is just what I won't do. Nor will I eat anything else when the producers won't tell me what it is I'm eating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

both my kids and i were born in the uk, so we have south london accents, with irish passports lol..
    as for backwater.. i dont truly think galway is.. there is a minority as i described above who have that attitude.. galway is for me the best city i have ever lived in, if certain minoritys would embrace the growth of the city both in population, culture and ethnic background, and new businesses, then galway would also become harmonious, either way, galway will grow, will attract more and more cultures,
    its up to the population to choose if they want too be dragged kicking back to the past, or embrace the future...
    backwater it isnt in reality.. backwater attitude from some of its inhabitants yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Amazing....... the long lost lyrics to Micheal Jacksons last song.

Probably what Micheal Jackson was thinking before he died.

Tzetze wrote: »
    And of course, I have the option of not eating there and eating there is just what I won't do. Nor will I eat anything else when the producers won't tell me what it is I'm eating.

What about Coca Cola?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

What about Coca Cola?

I quit drinking that crap years ago. Not just Coca Cola, but anything produced by them including Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Fanta, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Xiney wrote: »

Yep, my home town has charm and can be fantastic fun, but it ain't ever going to be a Toronto or Rome, my two favourite real cities. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Dr. Pepper etc.

Not drinking Dr Pepper... Whats the worst that could happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

KFC - it tastes great but it chicken it ain't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Has anyone noticed the advertising that has started to appear on the side of city buses. Could be a good sign that they are coming soon to somewhere in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Yeah I saw an ad on a bus.I was devestated when I found out that there was no KFC.Why have an ad on a local bus if there is no KFC in the locality:confused:
    I hope you're on to something and a KFC will open soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

For the health of the public it's best that KFC stays away from Galway:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've been wondering what's up with the buses: seems to me that they're using long-distance buses for city runs more often than they were, and hiring in private buses to use on the long-distance runs. Which makes me wonder where BE's regular fleet are. I know some have been having destination-advertising painted on 'em (eg "Mervue - Salthill, every 30 minutes:). Maybe the ones you've been seeing aren't local at all, but are borrowed from Limerick or somewhere. Or maybe they're trying to stimulate you into a junk-food run up to Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

It's in the tribune today that KFC are definitely coming to Briarhill, with a drive-thru, like i thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

What's the deal with KFC being allowed get away with not revealing their full ingredients? Highly-addictive, E-number-laden, MSG-loaded, carcinogenic muck!

Bon appetit!
    Like every other fast food junk.

Bonzodog wrote: »
    It's in the tribune today that KFC are definitely coming to Briarhill, with a drive-thru, like i thought.

huh.

well, I suppose it's about time they started filling that place up... not that I can figure out where it's going to go. Ulster Bank have the obvious drive through spot...

Maybe more of a drive in rather than a drive through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Briarhill? Lovely, that's only a 20 minute cycle from town and back :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭ceepeedee

If you're really hungry for KFC you'll drive up the N17 to Enniskillen and trust your taxes to the British Queen, the rest of your money to Colonel Saunders, your stomach to God, and maybe drop into Asda if there's anything left.

There's two in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Briarhill? Lovely, that's only a 20 minute cycle from town and back :rolleyes:

Good, you can burn off the KFC calories :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

zarquon wrote: »
    Good, you can burn off the KFC calories :)

Well that sorta defeats the purpose of pointlessly trashing out on a Boneless Banquet doesn't it? :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement