Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The people who are going to The Awareness Day...

Options
  • 14-09-2009 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

...what would you like to see discussed on the day???
    Who would you like to see there making presentations???
    If you were there last year...what would you like to see done different???...if anything!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

I would love to see someone there from the government/health service...someone who plans spending on speech therapy for the whole of Ireland!!!
    It would be interesting to find out waiting times for therapy...and how the recession and decreased spending will affect waiting times in the future!!!
    I'd also be interested in finding out how much knowledge about stammering the people who decide the budget for speech therapy have!!!

I would like to see a positive message sent out about stammering!!!
    As in it is not all about therapies, help, mental issues...those are all very important aspects of stammering which have to be tackled...but as long as the positive sides to stammering are highlighted...such as the ability of a stammerer to be a good listener...the ability of a stammerer to be empathetic to other people who may also have a hurdle in life as we do!!! Stammering brings qualities to us all that maybe we wouldn't have if we didn't stammer!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Charlie_Boswell

If this was a science forum I'd just say "TOE" and everybody would understand, however since its not, A "Theory Of Everything" concerning stammering. From my research on line there seems to be so many different opinions and theories as to the causes, effects, and possible solutions that you could get tied up in so many knots its difficult to remain focused on what you want.

One Cause or an accepted list of causes or contributing factors.
    A generally accepted root cause of a stammer - We'd have a solid starting point.

A Generally accepted list of physical, and psychological effects of a stammer
    I know that everyone is different but there are commonalities between us all, knowing these commonalities would give us a common approach or "Best Practice" to dealing with a stammer.

A Best practice for dealing with a stammer
    Perhaps if there was an agreed Best practice based on a large volume of research, it would become easier for up coming (and current) generations to deal with (or dare I say "Cure") a stammer.

Charlie

I hope there are tea and biccies like last year!!!
    I think I deserve some after being on the road from 6am that day!!! :D
    Only messing of course!!! I am just happy that the event is occurring...and it's free!!!

Advertisement