Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yes tour reaches Dublin, Nov

• 14-09-2009 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

Well, when I say YES.................
    Jon Anderson has been replaced by Benoit David & Rick Wakeman has been replaced by his son, Oliver.
    But Steve Howe, Chris Squire & Alan White are still there. Thankfuklly, the scary-looking Rabin is nowhere to be seen! Friends of mine from the states saw them in concert over there recently. While they were disappointed by Jon's absence in particular, they reckon Howe & Squire are playing at an amazing level, the new singer does a great job & that it was possibly the best of many Yes gigs they've attended.
    Anyway, the show rolls into the Olympia in Dublin on Nov 26th.
    I'm supposed to be saving for a long winter holiday, but I think I'll crack open the piggy bank for this one.
    I saw Yes a few times in the 70's & 80's, I love the music & despite the constant in-fighting, they always managed to put on a pretty good show.
    Any other Yes fans around? Any of you tempted to see the show?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

yeah may well be tempted to go,,,am a RUSH fan mostly but yes are always interesting etc,,,,so might try to get to it alright :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Yes I was seriously thinking of going to this myself, even just to see Steve Howe play is enough for me. I think Jon Anderson's absence might be a plus for some, his high pitch vocals can be a bit much. Any idea of what the set list is?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

The new singer sounds extremely like Jon Anderson so anyone looking a escape without ringing eardrums is in for a shock ;)

I've been waiting to see these guys for years & they come the 1 year I'm moving down to Cork... Typical! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Damo/ all

can't give you a full setlist, but I can tell you these songs feature regularly, or have done so far:

I've seen all good people
    Siberian Khatru
    Starship Trooper
    Astral Traveller
    Machine Messiah
    And you and I
    Heart of the Sunrise
    Owner of a lonely heart
    Roundabout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

"In and around the lake, mountains come out of the sky and they STAND THERE."

Damn I'd love to go but what with school and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

On the US tour Asia acted as support and Steve Howe played both sets. I've seen them before but without Anderson no thanks.

Advertisement