Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book of Condolence in SU

• 14-09-2009 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know why there's a book and lit candle on a table in the SU Building?

Is it a book of condolence?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I don't know about that specific book, but they've had them in the past for student or alumni deaths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

There are 2.

One for Jimmy Falvey who died in New York in May and one for Sara Louise Ryan, who also died in May. Both were current students.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Can we have one for Keith Floyd please.......but maybe not so much, for Patrick Swayze :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Max001 wrote: »
    Can we have one for Keith Floyd please.......but maybe not so much, for Patrick Swayze :D

Do you not think that comment you made is in bad taste? It's a respectful book of condolence for two former students.

Fair comment & maybe attaching a :D wasn't the best idea, however I meant no disrespect and Keith Floyd's passing deserves to be mourned. Patrick Swazye, I'm still on the fence about :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Patrick Swazye, I'm still on the fence about :eek:

Keep your views to yourself. Death is a very sensitive issue. Any death deserves to be mourned, and is by Swazye's family and friends. Whether or not you feel he made a contribution to the world is your own concern but he was a human being -just as you are.

Keep your views to yourself. Death is a very sensitive issue. Any death deserves to be mourned, and is by Swazye's family and friends. Whether or not you feel he made a contribution to the world is your own concern but he was a human being -just as you are.

We're all entitled to our views and I won't be lectured by you or anyone else. Wind the neck in and engage brain before mouth. I'm very well acquainted with death in all its guises both violent and otherwise, hence the dark sense of humour. I'm done with you now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

We're all entitled to our views.

And nobody is denying that. What people are asking is that you have a little respect for the families of the two students who passed away. This is not the thread for humour, dark or otherwise.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Lads come on, this isn't AH or the humour forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Oh for 2 past stufents, RIP

i would of assumed it was for Darren Sutherland

• Advertisement
Advertisement