Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RB Beatles Value Edition: instruments work with Guitar Hero 5?

Options
  • 14-09-2009 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

I originally got Guitar Hero 2 for Xbox 360 many moons ago. Great fun with the Xplorer guitar, but didn't really get back into it..

..until now! Rock Band: The Beatles looks great! I was thinking of getting RB: The Beatles Value Edition, which seems to be the standard RB guitar, drums and mic and with The Beatles game. I've read up some info that these instruments are compatible with previous Guitar Hero games (and obviously with Rock Band and Rock Band 2), but I can't get my head around the differences between the drums!

The GT ones look like they have 5 pads (3 drum, 2 cymbal) while the RB ones have 4 pads. How does this work when playing GT with the RB drums?
    :confused:

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

When you play GH:WT with the RB drums, the game recognises this and turns the 5 lanes on screen into 4 lanes. I have no idea how well this works or if it makes it too easy, but that's what happens.

Hope this helps

EDIT: obviously same goes for GH5

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    When you play GH:WT with the RB drums, the game recognises this and turns the 5 lanes on screen into 4 lanes. I have no idea how well this works or if it makes it too easy, but that's what happens.

Hope this helps

EDIT: obviously same goes for GH5

Thanks, this kind of makes sense. I wonder would it be better to try to source the full band set from GT:WT instead, and then buy the Rock Band games separately..?

Anyone out there done this? Anyone prefer one set of instruments over the other? (might be opening up a can of worms here..!) :o

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Just get both sets, then everyone will know how super 1337 you are... or something... :P
    Also
    eko wrote: »
    Thanks, this kind of makes sense. I wonder would it be better to try to source the full band set from GT:WT instead, and then buy the Rock Band games separately..?

GT:WT- Gran Turismo: World Tour, the world's first Action Rhythm Full on Racing Sim? That would be awesome!
    GH:WT- Guitar Hero: World Tour
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

Just get both sets, then everyone will know how super 1337 you are... or something... :P

I wish! ;) Actually, I see that some stores have demo units, so will have a go next time I see one.
    GT:WT- Gran Turismo: World Tour, the world's first Action Rhythm Full on Racing Sim? That would be awesome!

Hehe.. I have GT5 on the brain.. looking forward to that! (and Forza 3, for that matter) :D

Advertisement