Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure (Not Comin Down on Me!)

Options
  • 14-09-2009 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hello People,

Problem: Pressure lost in all taps including shower.
    Shower resembles an old person spitting hot water.
    About 50% of pressure has been lost in kitchen sink taps, bathroom sink taps
    and shower.
    I think the pump (watermill SS45DLV) has shut itself down from being on for ages.
    Is there a way to get it up and running again??

Cause? : Hot water tap accidentlly left on for about 5 hours before.

How do I get the pressure back up to its old healthy state??

Much obliged for any help offered. I don't want another groggy morning
    with an old person salivating boiling water on to my face and back.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pryin

Exact same problem here.
    How did you resolve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blackharvester

I had this same problem with the water pressure, and the problem was with the pomp. there wasnt any chance to fix it so I got new one for 600e.
    there was small red button (reset) on my old water pomp and I use it but it didnt help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Try turning it off and on again:D

Seriously ,if the tap has been left on for a long time ,turning the power off to it for a few seconds might fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pryin

No buttons on this one.
    I did switch off electricity to it from the fuse box to try and 'reset'.
    Also replaced its 13amp fuse.
    Plumber had a look and yes, it will cost at least 600e for a replacement to be installed.
    Just don't have the cash! And if it's a serviceable/simple problem or some kind of 'trick' could get it going again, then that's preferable to just paying up to replace it without trying other options/diagnostics at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sgeraghty1

Hi I have this pump too- did your plumber tell you if it positive or negative head pump?

• Advertisement
Advertisement