Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical use from cannabis , so why is our government still saying its harmfull

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I'm wondering here why all this stuff is being cut and pasted from the cmcr website. Why isn't it just linked to? With maybe just a synopsis for people here to read.

Lazy posting imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

To the OP. Have you made any attempts outside this forum to legalise cannabis. There is a reason i ask.

I am amazed at many things on boards. I am amazed at the ability of those who want the drug legalised and there ability to give me all the stats on the drug. I am amazed at how pro users can tell me the countries the plant grows in the economical benefits of the plant and the cases it has treated

But then i get talking to people in the real world and I reaslise that "Generally" those who are pro cannabis do not argue for its introduction. You have not lobbied goverment and have no real reasons to asnswer why?

Why do I ask this? Well let me give you another example. I never liked Ivan Yates when he was min for agriculture. I thought his policies were terriable I thought his legislation was heavy on farmers. but i sit down and watch him on TV3 and i think he is a brilliant man. Why? Becauase he is great at debate.

You have the ability to debate cannabis to the death but where will you go forward how will you be perceived by the real world and lastly can you imagine a future where you have kids do you think you would be happy to see them use it? Is boards just a platform to debate cannabis for you or based on you double thread opening are you really serious about its introduction?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭D.U.M.B

There is such a long and safe history of the medical use of cannabis to say it has no medical benefit is plain crazy.

Elsewhere in the world the plant is legally helping many people with various illnesses etc. and there is plenty of valid research showing the benefits but still the same stance from the government.

If a plant helps a sick person then he/she should be allowed use it, I guess looking after yourself is only acceptable if it comes in a pill form

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Biggins wrote: »
    Because maybe importation of it comes from so many sources that they can't tax it?
    Maybe if they can't tax it, they ban it!

Officially of course its bad for the health (and it is when abused, no question) but don't mention that about drink, cigs, etc!
    More hypocrisy from our supposed leaders! :rolleyes:
    I think Biggins hits the nail on the head. It would have a terribly negative effect on the economy until a domestic marijuana industry could be established. Trust me, you don't have one. From what I recall of my shoulder length hair days your product sucked piss poorly. Most of it would be imported, which isn't really the goal right now. You need to be exporting.

I dont think they can logically argue its harmful (smoked yes, vaporised no) but the socio-economic factors are too important to ignore. Introducing it into an already overstrained healthcare system would be a death sentence right now as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭weedfreedomtinp

PLEASE WATCH .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

studiorat wrote: »
    I'm wondering here why all this stuff is being cut and pasted from the cmcr website. Why isn't it just linked to? With maybe just a synopsis for people here to read.

Lazy posting imo.

I prefer copy/paste, it means i don't have to click links to read ****

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Limit your soapboxing to one thread please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement