Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kawai Pianos

• 14-09-2009 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking for a Kawai upright piano, I had a look in Pianos plus, and they seemed quite expensive.

I'm willing to import one from England if the price is good.

I'm looking for a Kawai K3 Piano:
    k3.jpg

Anyone know of any good value places (used/new) for pianos?

cheers,

Kevin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Hi,

I was looking at your website earlyer, and it said the K8, it then changed to the ku-5d?

Which model is it?

woops double post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

id like some of whatever hes smokin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Patrick68

Hey Im also looking for a Kawai or maybe a Yamaha.. Im thinking reconditioned.. had a look in Pianos Plus in Dublin a while back and they're a bit over priced i thought. Anyone here have any ideas on the best place to go to?? Ive been been recommended to go over to Dundalk to Precision Pianos.. heading that way Friday so mite check them out. I kinda want to get it bought sooner rather than later as kids are back to lessons now so I would really appreciate any advice.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭BSOM

Patrick68 wrote: »
    Hey Im also looking for a Kawai or maybe a Yamaha.. Im thinking reconditioned.. had a look in Pianos Plus in Dublin a while back and they're a bit over priced i thought. Anyone here have any ideas on the best place to go to?? Ive been been recommended to go over to Dundalk to Precision Pianos.. heading that way Friday so mite check them out. I kinda want to get it bought sooner rather than later as kids are back to lessons now so I would really appreciate any advice.
    Thanks

Waltons do a great deal / job on recondictioned Yamaha's. They are about 3K but worth it.

• Advertisement

Cool thanks 'Bsom'.. I'll have a look there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Just happened to be in Waltons today having a nosy around.

Most of the pianos there are out of tune. Doesnt strike up confidence when buying a used piano. I also think they are slightly over priced.

Would recommend Thorntons piano's, they are on the north side near the Mater Hospital. Family business, there for years. I bought an piano and a digital piano off them over the years and an uncle also bought there.

Very personal touch there. Was in there looking a few weeks ago. Got talking to the guy there. When he asked what piano I bought off them, he remembered where I lived and what I worked at! (and it was 7 years since I was last there!). Plus if I think they guarantee a future trade in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭davgtrek

maybe a bit far but william griffins pianos in toher cork city are excellent.
    also i found the piano gallery in carlow very good.

i rang around some dublin shops and i was not impressed with the prices quoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭BSOM

Havent been into Walton's in a long time, one of our teachers said here one was brillant and shes a pro teacher.

If you are willing to travel, Monaghan Piano Centre has an excellent range also. Im not sure if Joe Lynch does any Pianos?

Best of luck with the continued hunt !

Im hoping I dont have to go as far as Cork to get a piano..lol. But thanks for the recommendation davtrek.

Had a look in Waltons, wasnt too impressed, prices seemed bit more expensive compared to ones I seen on different websites.

Heading to Thortons, then to precision pianos in Dundalk then and maybe on to that piano place in Monaghan. Busy day hey!!

Hoping by Monday tho I will own a piano :)
    Thanks again for the advice guys, I'll keep you posted on how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nawny

Hi,

My piano tuner, Mark Gilchrist, also sells pianos. He's in the North County Dublin area. I bought my piano new from the piano centre in Monaghan but I found out afterwards that Mark sells the same pianos for a better rate. He might be worth checking out. A friend bought one from him and she's very happy.

After a long and tiring search, I finally bought a piano in Precision Pianos in Dundalk. I dont think I've ever seen so many pianos under the same roof & so nicely displayed.. v impressed.:) They even made us tea, coffee and biscuits.. much needed after the driving we had just done!

So while we set out looking for a yamaha or Kawai we ended up buying an Eisenstein. I Didnt know much about them beforehand and couldnt find anything much on the net about them. So we decided to take a second trip over to Dundalk on Sunday, this time bringing along our piano teacher.. She was in her element among all the pianos and absolutely adored their 'show-piece' piano up on a platform.. A bit out of my price range however :D

We were between two of their reconditioned Yamaha U3's and a new Eisenstein 133. After playing all the pianos for a while our piano teacher Fiona preferred the Eisenstein.. so decision made!

Id definately recommend Precision Pianos to anyone looking for a piano. They were very helpful and friendly and have a stunning display of pianos.
    Its being delivered this week so I'll post some pics when we get it.

Thanks again for all the advice here on places to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Virtual Chick

Hi Kevin - just wondering how you are getting on with that new piano you purchased some time back? I'm heading to Precision Pianos this Saturday for a look myself and hoping to get a nice baby grand.... any tips? how is yours since? how often is tuning needed etc.... thx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KJAB

so, I've been looking at pianos for the first time in my life as my kids are learning. As a 'non player' (my wife is the expert) I always figured that piano playing and discussions around the finer points of the particular attributes of a particular piano were for the 'high brow' the educated, the 'intellegensia' (sp?); so it's with particular dismay that I read this thread and be arrested by the amount of chronic grammar and ebonizer (sp?) detail. 3k for an instrument that lasts a life time? And you don't buy ANYTHING 'off' someone, you buy it 'from' them? Where, oh where has it all gone wrong. Over 30 - 40 years, the piano you seem so bloody precious about is going to cost you, roughly 100 Euro per year. Divide that by.... you know, I couldn't be bothered; it's not a lot though per day if you can grab that calculator and do the maths, or maybe post a forum? ..... phoaooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

KJAB wrote: »
    so, I've been looking at pianos for the first time in my life as my kids are learning. As a 'non player' (my wife is the expert) I always figured that piano playing and discussions around the finer points of the particular attributes of a particular piano were for the 'high brow' the educated, the 'intellegensia' (sp?); so it's with particular dismay that I read this thread and be arrested by the amount of chronic grammar and ebonizer (sp?) detail. 3k for an instrument that lasts a life time? And you don't buy ANYTHING 'off' someone, you buy it 'from' them? Where, oh where has it all gone wrong. Over 30 - 40 years, the piano you seem so bloody precious about is going to cost you, roughly 100 Euro per year. Divide that by.... you know, I couldn't be bothered; it's not a lot though per day if you can grab that calculator and do the maths, or maybe post a forum? ..... phoaooo

Er.... What did you want to achieve with this post?

I'm suspecting your a member of staff at one of the retailers who sell pianos, because you joined this forum to make that half-witted post.

4,000€ is alot of money, no matter what your planning to spend it on, if money is so easy for you, that's fantastic go buy a Steinway grand piano.

You can't act pretentious on this forum, as nobody really cares.

And +1 to the post above, 1# pointless post, #2 grave digging.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

If you don't have anything constructive to post, do not post. Consider this to be your only warning

Everyone else - report the post, don't take pot shots. Infractions and bans will be handed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

feylya wrote: »
    Everyone else - report the post, don't take pot shots. Infractions and bans will be handed out.

I was hardly taking a pot shot, I would've liked to know exactly what point KJAB was trying to make.

Advertisement