Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

canon 7d video shot in dublin

• 14-09-2009 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

http://vimeo.com/groups/22589/videos/6475938

some stuff shot with the new canon 7d in dublin including showing how great it is at things like slow motion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Flippin' class video

Playing it in fullscreen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

That was great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Man that's great... I'm confused now, keep the 5D and get a 7D too, or just get a 5D MKii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Wants!

:D

I've never been to bothered by video on a DSLR but that is far far better than my camcorder :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Since 7D is in the EOS range and not full frame, would it be safe to assume that any lenses I have for the 400d would work on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

The video is great, but remember people, the amount of money it costs to get those kinda results out of a 5D/7D is quite high. The stabilizer alone that's used in this video is about €1000 worth. The viewfinder about €350. And that would probably be considered at the lower end of the scale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

Really? That much? Whoa. Still so so good looking, amazing quality. Loved the whole vid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Wants!

:D

I've never been to bothered by video on a DSLR but that is far far better than my camcorder :eek:

If you are thinking of using it for biking stuff Ricky forget it. There is mad distortion when panning. And I mean mad!! I did a slow pan around Croke Park when I was at the all ireland semi and it is desperate. I'm not sure if the 7D has fixed it but I doubt it.

To quote DPReview: "Like the Nikon D90 the EOS 5D Mark II can suffer from distortion caused by its rolling shutter. The readout of the sensor means movies are created with a rolling shutter (horizontal lines of the image are scanned, one after another, rather than the whole scene being grabbed in one go). The upshot is that verticals can be skewed if the camera (or the subject) moves too fast - the top of the image has been recorded earlier than the bottom, so moving vertical lines can be rendered as a diagonals. This issue in the 5D Mark II is not very pronounced - you need to pan pretty quickly to see it at all - and isn't as bad as the D90, but it's certainly visible.distortion when panning."

As I discovered you do not need to "pan pretty quickly" as the review says. It is obvious in a slow one too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Did you notice you got featured on Engadget??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Valentia wrote: »
    If you are thinking of using it for biking stuff Ricky forget it. There is mad distortion when panning. And I mean mad!! I did a slow pan around Croke Park when I was at the all ireland semi and it is desperate. I'm not sure if the 7D has fixed it but I doubt it.

That's really dissapointing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭rameire

Since 7D is in the EOS range and not full frame, would it be safe to assume that any lenses I have for the 400d would work on this?

Yes

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Advertisement