Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today's the day for processing the licensing system.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

fat-tony wrote: »
    Weeelll - actually, I was trying to suss out what PJ Hunter was on about when he said that he heard that it was not going to be a plastic card:confused:
    Then I've no sympathy for ye, trying to be all sneakified and all :D

jwshooter wrote: »
    at the earliest,
    i was chatting to a lad today it might be a bit worse that we think
    Feck it jw, this is Ireland. It's always a bit worse than we think, even when we keep that rule in mind :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Feck it jw, this is Ireland. It's always a bit worse than we think, even when we keep that rule in mind :D[/QUOTE]

when dealing with the cops i always expect the worse out of them,very rarely do they let me down.

but they have got a lot worse in the last 5 years.

at the rate there going they will put cash strapped RFD out of business my local one has only one gun out the door in the last month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Well that's it - All the forms are in - even the mug shots - my NEW FO couldn't have been nicer - "going to process them today" - then up to the boss man. So 16th Sept 1.30pm. Wait and see process! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Couldn't believe it my FO rang me this morning to let me know my application was off today, mine a new application the rest are current license holders as he said "it just wait a see what comes back".
    He only new in the position down here i hope he hangs around because you could not get a more helpful or sounder guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Lemon3

derek_g34 wrote: »
    I had them before. BTW, since my last post, my other character referee got a call aswell.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of questions did the Garda ask your referees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

Lemon3 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, what kind of questions did the Garda ask your referees.

They just confirmed that they knew me and were asked for their date of birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

Just back from the cop shop with mine. Garda was happy out everything was filled correctly (thanks to boards!). Did a nice little page with all the supporting information incl colour scan of club membership. She was well pleased with it. She said they've got someone in specially to enter the apps onto PULSE or wherever. Said it was a bit of a mess, but they're getting there. I asked her about the extension expiring the end of October and she just told me the "ah, shure don't worry about that". I love this country!
    I've two more to go in now once I get the permission letters collected (both new apps).
    Got a feeling they're sharing our pain, so be nice to them ;)

its not the local cop thats the problem its the supers up .

wait till they get there hands on the guide lines and think there gods word,

"then were truly fuxkxd "

To be honest jw, I've heard of three supers who caused problems. In ten years. Out of 183 in the country, plus however many more were promoted to that rank during the decade.
    FOs, on the other hand, I've heard more stories about than I've gone to matches, and it's always been that way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Originally Posted by jwshooter,

in short dont hold your breaths
    this is a headache for the cops and there not going to rush into it till they have to.they do not give a rats ass if you ever get your gun
    when dealing with the cops i always expect the worse out of them,very rarely do they let me downbut they have got a lot worse in the last 5 years.
    its not the local cop thats the problem its the supers up .

wait till they get there hands on the guide lines and think there gods word,

"then were truly fuxkxd

Calm down man, you're going to have a stroke :D. You must be getting the s**t end of the stick on a regular basis as i never met anyone with such a hatred or so opposed to the Gardai. I've heard of some horror stories in relation to delays in applications (7 months) refusal to swap firearm certs, etc from that neck of the country but i thought it was lads blowing things out of proportion a bit.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

ezridax wrote: »
    Calm down man, you're going to have a stroke :D. You must be getting the s**t end of the stick on a regular basis as i never met anyone with such a hatred or so opposed to the Gardai. I've heard of some horror stories in relation to delays in applications (7 months) refusal to swap firearm certs, etc from that neck of the country but i thought it was lads blowing things out of proportion a bit.

i wish ! my super is refusing farmers mods for rimfires ,this is written into eu law, he has no right to do so .

the man is a cluster fxxk.

next doors super in no better.

i asked for a permit for my mod in writing last april .they refuse to give me a answer either way.

i have no problem with the gardai when they enforce tha law, my problem is when they start making it up as they go along or ignore it when its they wish.

Sounds like you have one of the 3 Supers Sparks was refering to. Bummer.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

has every one got a written extended permit for there mods ,if not we ALL are breaking the law.

and its not covered by the extension of your firearm certs, BTW

i wish ! my super is refusing farmers mods for rimfires ,this is written into eu law, he has no right to do so .
    It's not written into EU law.
    i asked for a permit for my mod in writing last april .they refuse to give me a answer either way.
    Next door's super? What, yours refused so you went to another district?

Fecks sake jw, the super's can't make up the law as they go but neither can you!

When i first got my written permit for my mod my Garda gave me an arguement as to why i needed one:confused:. After telling him the super in the district i was buying the gun would not allow the store to sell the rifle without one. He said it was not up to the Super. Any shop can sell a mod but its up to the individual to seek a permit for it.

Anyway, i though about that and got my permit stamped on August 7th when i got my extensions. Again Garda asked why and when i explained it was to cover me he just laughed, called me anal, and stamped it.

has every one got a written extended permit for there mods ,if not we ALL are breaking the law.
    and its not covered by the extension of your firearm certs, BTW
    Actually, if you've got an authorisation for a fullbore mod for your licence written by the local Super after the restricted firearms list came into force, you've been illegal for a while now.

However, the written authorisation runs until it says it ends, not until the firearms cert for your rifle runs out.

Sparks wrote: »
    Actually, if you've got an authorisation for a fullbore mod for your licence written by the local Super after the restricted firearms list came into force, you've been illegal for a while now.

However, the written authorisation runs until it says it ends, not until the firearms cert for your rifle runs out.

mine ran out july 31st like most if not all.

Then yeah, you're not in compliance with the law jw.

Then yeah, you're not in compliance with the law jw.

i would think every one reading this is in the same boat.

Not necessarily.

• Advertisement

My permit consists of a Garda headed letter stating my rifle make and calibre, reason for my mod and that they are aware of me having one. I get it signed and stamped every year with my renewals but it has no end date. It is my decision to get it done each year. It has no end date and i wasn't told it had to be done each year. How am i fixed so?

Hmmm. 2(5)(a) says the authorisation runs out one year after it was signed and stamped. So until one year after that date, it's not an issue.

If you're inbetween, go into the Super and have him reissue it - a 2(5) authorisation (ie. the letter covering your mod) isn't affected by the new licencing stuff, and it'll only last a year, not three. And then get the mod put on the rifle with the new application.

Goit restamped on the 7th August when i got my extensions so technically i'm covered to 7th August 2010. I have applied for it on my FCA1. Thats why i'm reading this thread. I submitted my applications on 12th August. A bit early (now i realise) but all the details are the same even after the secure accomodation SI and commissioners guidelines had no effect on any details of my application. So i'm reading this thread to see what response other lads are getting, if any.

You're grand so ezri, that authorisation will keep going until 2010 even if your new licence is granted tomorrow.

JW, if you're worried about your mod's legal status, there's your route to compliance right there...

You're grand so ezri, that authorisation will keep going until 2010 even if your new licence is granted tomorrow.

JW, if you're worried about your mod's legal status, there's your route to compliance right there...

thanks sparks but this guy is not giving them out until he has word on the new way to do it .

i will ring my local sargent tomorrow on it thats if i can get him

There is no new way to do a 2(5) though jw; or more accurately, he can give out a 2(5) today the same way he could ten years ago. The legislation on that has barely been touched since 1964.

There is no new way to do a 2(5) though jw; or more accurately, he can give out a 2(5) today the same way he could ten years ago. The legislation on that has barely been touched since 1964.

do you have a link to that sparks ,i would like to print it off

Here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I was talking to someone high today who said that the new licenses will have an "S" on your license to show that you have permission for a mod for that gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

My extension runs out in october, what is the max amount of time i can expect to wait before i recieve word on new 3 year licence.

Advertisement