Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamepass HD

• 14-09-2009 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else subscribe to Gamepass and if so what did they think?

I know there were problems for the first couple of hours but those aside, once it was up and running I was totally impressed. I had it running at 1700 kps and the clarity was excellent.

Watched most of the Giants Skins game (Go G-Men!!!!) and then flicked onto the RedZone TV as the breaks came.

Really liked the total coverage including half time on the Giants game. Also saw a lot of the early highlights through these.

It is my first year to subscribe and while I thought it was steep at €200ish, I for one have to say that the product was well worth it. Will enjoy watching the Giants again tonight. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭EARMUFFS

Watched the Hawks vs St Louis game(for my sins)..excellent feed alright and the halftime stuff was good..didnt subscribe for the redzone though..is it worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭boccy23

I didn't subscribe as such. It was an option last night. I had gone for the top package at $279 and it came with it.

I thought it was well cool. It had all the feeds from the three games which were on. Flicked through them as other games were off and when all three were on a break showed highlights then.

I wanted to watch all of the Giants game but if I had no direct interest, then the Redzone would be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sports_fan

I was very impressed with it once they got it up and running (they were suffering technical difficulties which meant i missed the 2nd half of falcons victory over dolphins :mad:).
    I have 3MB broadband connection from UPC and was afraid i would need to upgrade to the 10MB package. However once running there were no buffering problems and the clarity was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BRM

Great to hear its possible to use this service in Ireland. I cant bring myself to watch sky sports any more and this would be the perfect solution.

I enjoyed the NCAA march madness on line when it was on really good feed and hardly any lag.

Can I ask are you guys feeding this into a big screen TV? Whats the clarity like when you put it on tv?

ive been trying the torrent streams to watch the pre season but the quality and reliability is really bad, not worth the hassle involved searching through forums for game links etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭boccy23

I am using it on a 21" monitor only. But it is excellent quality.

The pre-season stream put me off as well and I stumped up. Wasn't too impressed with having to but was very impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

It was gr8. Esp like the fact that they are not blacking out the Sky games. At least they were not blacked out last nite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

is the gamepass stream about a minute behind the live event for everyone?

Hynzie wrote: »
    is the gamepass stream about a minute behind the live event for everyone?
    Yep, always is.... just ignore gamecenter etc while watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ligind

Am the only one here who had significant trouble with game pass on Sunday evening. I had gamepass last year with no bother and was quite impressed with the service.

I was kicked out of the Miami Atlanta game last Sunday twice in the first quarter then I could not login again , I got close to getting back in twice but most of the time the gamepass hd login page would not load.

I lost patience after over an hour and gave up, really spoiled the first weekend of the season for me.

ligind wrote: »
    Am the only one here who had significant trouble with game pass on Sunday evening. I had gamepass last year with no bother and was quite impressed with the service.

I was kicked out of the Miami Atlanta game last Sunday twice in the first quarter then I could not login again , I got close to getting back in twice but most of the time the gamepass hd login page would not load.

I lost patience after over an hour and gave up, really spoiled the first weekend of the season for me.
    No ur not the only one everyone was in the same boat. Take it u got the email ref refund?. Great service, they F up, they fix it and refund u. If only Irish politics was like it we'd be a gr8 little country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ligind

Leslie91 wrote: »
    No ur not the only one everyone was in the same boat. Take it u got the email ref refund?. Great service, they F up, they fix it and refund u. If only Irish politics was like it we'd be a gr8 little country.

I agree Leslie it is a great service just a little on the pricey side if you dont get to see the live game you are most interested in. No sign of an email mentioning a refund though I have requested one.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

I got to see the Immaculate Deflection live, so Game Pass has already paid for itself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

BRM wrote: »
    Great to hear its possible to use this service in Ireland. I cant bring myself to watch sky sports any more and this would be the perfect solution.

I enjoyed the NCAA march madness on line when it was on really good feed and hardly any lag.

Can I ask are you guys feeding this into a big screen TV? Whats the clarity like when you put it on tv?

ive been trying the torrent streams to watch the pre season but the quality and reliability is really bad, not worth the hassle involved searching through forums for game links etc.

hooked my laptop upto the tv (32 inch) using a HDMI cable and the picture quality was perfect. Spent most of the first quarter of the eagles match trying to get the sound working tho:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Quick on for you guys, can you watch two games at once on Game Pass?

Regards
    Ian

Quick on for you guys, can you watch two games at once on Game Pass?

Regards
    Ian
    Nope. But u can flick between games if u have subsribed to the full season pass and not just a team pass. I must have looked in on 10 games sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Just bought gamepass after looking at skys choice of games. So psyched for today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kenmcguire

Anyone else having trouble accessing Game Pass or Field Pass today, much like last Sunday evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Working ok for me

But it better not fail like last week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Working perfect for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Having trouble with gamepass it keeps asking me to log in and when i go to lauch the player it asks me to log in again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Starting to slow the hell down for me, game keeps stalling and skipping its cr*p!!!! Both the game and the gamepass coverage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Anyone notice the video quality keeps getting pixelated?

started off great but its crap crap crap now. Black screen and no gamkes working !!:(

what kind of refund did you guys get last week?

This is a f****** joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sports_fan

The live support is not even working! I just emailed a fairly harshly worded email to them..this is 2nd week in a row its happened to me!
    Losing patience very quickly!

still nothing...

whats the email address??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

BRM wrote: »
    whats the email address??

nflgamepass@neulion.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Drogman

Yeah, I'm just getting a black screen with no games loading!

I applied for a day refund last week and I'll be looking for another one next week!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kenmcguire

Balls again on week two. Was grand up until a half hour ago or so, missing out on all the late action - again. Thought they'd actually have it sorted out after the debacle of week one, alas no.

Can't access Field Pass as a backup either...

Advertisement