Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of old PCs

Options
  • 14-09-2009 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

Anywhere in NCD that does this? Fingal County Council or even charities?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

http://www.dublinwaste.ie/recycling_centre_charges_fingal.html

Swords is probably your best bet

Under the bridge on the way down the road from hertz to the estuary,

No Charge for electrical goods

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

dcr22B wrote: »
    Anywhere in NCD that does this? Fingal County Council or even charities?

Most primary schools will accept older but functioning computers, failing that, the council recycle WEEE products, like PC's at the recycling centre on the Estuary, Swords. Its open Wednesday to Saturday.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Environment/Recycling/RecyclingFacilities/EstuaryRecyclingCentre/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

There's a charity a friend of mine is involved with, they recycle old PC's (from what he's said I don't think they even have to be working) and send them over to Africa to train up disadvantaged kids on how to use them.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

They are called camara.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Agree with Gillo, Camara for function pc. On 19th Sep, next Saturday, in skerries Mills (I think!!) Fingal CC are holding a free collection of electricals from 10 to 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Camara are great but what puts me off them is the fact that they ask for a donation to cover the cost of sending the equipment you just gave them, off to Africa...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Fingal CoCo are organising something in Skerries on Saturday (19th) where you can bring your old electrical goods and they will dispose of them. I think it's taking place in the Mill Car Park.

www.fingalcoco.ie/Environment/Recycling/RecyclingFacilities/FreeCollectionofWEEEinSkerries19Sept09/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

thesteve wrote: »
    Camara are great but what puts me off them is the fact that they ask for a donation to cover the cost of sending the equipment you just gave them, off to Africa...
    You don't have to donate money if you don't want to, but obviously it costs to ship them over.
    As for the volunteers they pay their own way to go over and help out so it's not the some of the larger gravy train charities, where only a small amount of the donations actually make it to the people who need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Thank you one and all, looks like I'll be taking a heavy car out to Skerries on Saturday morning. A lot of WEEE to be disposed of :eek:

Advertisement