Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks Lemon cupcakes

Options
  • 14-09-2009 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to make the lemon cupcakes from Starbucks especially the yummy icing !...my partner is addicted to them and I would love to make them for him. He is from abroad and works abroad. Each time he comes home (every 2 weeks) he insists on going to the Starbucks counter in Dublin Airport and buying a supply of them...but they are quite expensive.

Any ideas on how I could make them or buy them from a supplier?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭bionic.laura

A basic cupcake recipe with lemon rind and lemon juice should be similar. I think it's some kind of lemon buttercream icing that they use as well. This recipe looks like it will be pretty similar.

I made lemon cupcakes recently and I spooned in half the mixture into the case and added half a teaspoon of lemon curd then filled up the case. They were really yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭rosenallis

this one is pretty good, but it didnt come out like the picture due to my inability to ice!

http://www.odlums.ie/index.php?page=lemon-curd-cupcakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Sock Monster

Icing part suggestion:

I make a lemon cream cheese icing when I make carrot cake, It's just tub of philadephia, Lemon rind of a whole lemon, Juice of Half lemon and icing sugar to thicken and sweeten. It's both tart and sweet at the same time.

It sets hard enough i.e. depending on how much icing sugar you use you can pipe it and it'll hold it's shape.

Advertisement