Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motion Design brief up for grabs! LISBON TREATY DESIGN?

Options
  • 14-09-2009 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

hi guys, im a graphic designer who given a fairly cool project to work on, unfortunately im busy and also don't have the necessary experience or interest so im willing to pass it on to anyone who has experience with after effects.

Here is the brief I was given
    Basically, its an organisation called Ireland for Europe. They're a pro-Lisbon group headed by Pat Cox, and Andrew Byrne is their head organiser. I've been drafted in to help with their online ads... its basically me, and this girl called Orla who films stuff I can edit.
    I haven't released much so far, as I've only been there a week, but its all found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/IrelandForEurope#play/all/uploads-all/1/j8Dl_3aIEJ0

What we're looking for is someone who could animate text/informative short videos for youtube, and make what is quite a dull subject look vaguely interesting.

Here's examples which is what we'd be interested in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CaURuF_o0c

hmm, trying to find others... will send some on if I do... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtdOX4Kl7Yw... currently, it has to be said, the guys in the office, aren't really 'down with it' if you get me, when it comes to livening up things and making the vote even a tad interesting visually, so with your help, and a bit of freedom to make things look shiny and youthful, we might change that...

Its unpaid but its great chance to gain some skills in a fairly relaxed design environment, the guys your working with know next to nothing about design so no ones gonna cut your balls off if you have a high finish level. Its great portfolio work and you have a chance to put your name on a fairly huge political party right now.

I have 6 pre-recoded messages from a professional irish voice over guy and the work needs to get started straight away. You also have to option of visiting one of the offices in town and talking to the video editors.

PM me or email tim_Reaper@hotmail.com if you interested and show me some samples of your work. From beginners to pro's, it can be yours. Just don't commit unless your willing to finish it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

I know After Effects inside out and confident I could do this to a very high standard. The unpaid bit doesnt sit too well with me though. Let me know if the circumstances change as Id have gladly done it otherwise, just dont have the time to put aside for a something like without getting at least something for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

p wrote: »
    Have you ever heard of volunteering your time for your country? Getting involved in politics is a great way to be involved in your country and contributing something back.

LOL

Free ftw eh!

(1-Oh, I need a website done for tomorrow morning.
    2- Emm sure I can do that for you but I'll be up all night
    1- I also need it for free
    2- beep beep beep!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Just a quick note: he's asking for a volunteer , he was straight up about. lets not descend into an argumetn over the merits of free work or the perceived lack of social spirit of those that are not interested please.

Designers do this for a living. if they dont have the spare time then they have every right to expect renumeration. If someone does volunteer, as stated by the OP its a portfolio filler and an experience opportunity.

Lets try and keep the politics in the politics forum please.

I've deleted the non-topical posts pending mod review

Advertisement