Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help deciding on AGM M4 GBB

Options
  • 14-09-2009 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

I am looking at getting one of these as a 'project' gun. What I mean by that is upgrading it over time to become a good gun. Does anyone have one of these, would you recomend it or not? I keep on thinking am I busy wasting my time with it or would it end up being as good as a decent AEG?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I did a review n it in the last Take Aim if you have one handy, I detailed pretty much all the major things you'll need to take note of. its not really comparable to the average AEG for a number of reasons. it'll need more upkeep but in turn its a lot more realistic and more enjoyable to use. :) theres pics of mine in the photos thread and theres a couple of threads in this part of the forum about them.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Soberts

Masada wrote: »
    I did a review n it in the last Take Aim if you have one handy, I detailed pretty much all the major things you'll need to take note of. its not really comparable to the average AEG for a number of reasons. it'll need more upkeep but in turn its a lot more realistic and more enjoyable to use. :) theres pics of mine in the photos thread and theres a couple of threads in this part of the forum about them.,
    I am sitting here looking at it as we speak!! I did not realize that was you who wrote it, very nice piece of writing! Would you recomend me getting one or would you advise to stay clear or buy a different brand? I am not afraid to get my hands dirty, in fact I welcome it!!
    Regards Steven

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Theres only a couple of things to watch out for and most of the gun is rock solid so i would recommend it. :) its my favorite gun at the moment. theres a clone of the NPAS available now aswell so all the better. :)

Theres only a couple of things to watch out for and most of the gun is rock solid so i would recommend it. :) its my favorite gun at the moment. theres a clone of the NPAS available now aswell so all the better. :)
    Looks like ill have to pick one up!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I think alot of us who got them originally ( except richie cause he has no patience) has put them aside as a project gun.

Bit by bit, month by month, acquire the mags and internal and external pieces to have a solid reliable badass GBB to rock out next summer with.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    I think alot of us who got them originally ( except richie cause he has no patience) has put them aside as a project gun.

Bit by bit, month by month, acquire the mags and internal and external pieces to have a solid reliable badass GBB to rock out next summer with.
    I think I'll do that aswel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

TheDoc wrote: »

Same thing I'm doing too. Just get the bits and pieces as the months go on, then have it working nice for next summer. Coming into winter is the best time to start work on a gbb, you know you wont need it for months :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I've upgraded mine a bit, plus splashed out a fair bit of cash on extra mags. The two most important upgrades are the hop-up chamber and the bolt. RA-tech do a very nice drop in replacement bolt which has an adjustible valve for the fps, that one upgrade alone transforms the AGM from a very nice novelty piece into something that can be reliably skirmished. The Hop-up is the next most important upgrade I think, my original hop-up did nothing, there's a few options for upgraded hop-up chambers, I went with a G&P metal hop-up chamber and a RA-tech hop-up rubber, works like a charm, but there's a few out there that are compatible with the AGM/WA. As far as the mags are concerned I'm less happy. I got a few of the heavy AGM mags and while they do work, they're really not up to much at all (I have been using mine with green gas though which they really can't handle) I also got one GHK mag, and I have to say that it's fantastic, they cost twice the price of the AGM mags though so it'll be a while before I'll have a full skirmish load out of them. All in all a good project gun, but, in terms of cost, it might be more cost effective to buy one of the pre-upgraded GBB M4's like one of the G&Ps and work up from that. When I factor in the cost of the AGM + the new bolt + the mags + the hop-up chamber I could have gotten myself a RA-tech GBB AK74

Spetzcong wrote: »
    I've upgraded mine a bit, plus splashed out a fair bit of cash on extra mags. The two most important upgrades are the hop-up chamber and the bolt. RA-tech do a very nice drop in replacement bolt which has an adjustible valve for the fps, that one upgrade alone transforms the AGM from a very nice novelty piece into something that can be reliably skirmished. The Hop-up is the next most important upgrade I think, my original hop-up did nothing, there's a few options for upgraded hop-up chambers, I went with a G&P metal hop-up chamber and a RA-tech hop-up rubber, works like a charm, but there's a few out there that are compatible with the AGM/WA. As far as the mags are concerned I'm less happy. I got a few of the heavy AGM mags and while they do work, they're really not up to much at all (I have been using mine with green gas though which they really can't handle) I also got one GHK mag, and I have to say that it's fantastic, they cost twice the price of the AGM mags though so it'll be a while before I'll have a full skirmish load out of them. All in all a good project gun, but, in terms of cost, it might be more cost effective to buy one of the pre-upgraded GBB M4's like one of the G&Ps and work up from that. When I factor in the cost of the AGM + the new bolt + the mags + the hop-up chamber I could have gotten myself a RA-tech GBB AK74
    I keep changing my mind about getting one, one second im sitting there with my credit card ready to order and the next I am thinking why was I even considering buying one of those! There has to be some way I can decide!!!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Linky? The npas being 140 USD is one of the things stopping me from getting one :-)

• Advertisement

I am also looking at the KJW Tanio Koba m4 GBB, it seems to be WAY better than the AGM.......would I be better off getting the KJW or not?
    The only thing is that I cant find out if it can take G&P parts or other GBB magazines, can anyone help?
    There is also the WE m4 for around the same price, which one is best?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Harakka

The KJW is not compatible with any parts of the WA/AGM/G&P systems from what I've read as it uses a completely different system. At the moment the only mags available are the KJW mags.

ok then thats the KJW gone! What about the WE m4, how much better is it than the AGM?

Advertisement