Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stonesour

Options
  • 14-09-2009 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭

Hi! I'm a big fan of the last two Slipknot albums, particularly of Corey's voice. I like the harmonies and slower songs where he sings more than shouting/ growling (although that's cool too). More into the melodic, mellow stuff.

My favourite Slipknot ones would be Vermillion (:o), Child of the Burning Time, Snuff, Circle, Til We Die,Before I Forget, Dead Memories.

I was just wondering are there any Stonesour songs similar to this that you can recommend? Would the albums be worth getting?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

this song is quite similar to vermillion IMO

The sonly stone sour album I have is the one withe 30:30:150 on it, the album name escapes me atm. Its alright but nowhere near as good as any of the good slipknot albums like Vol 3 etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

I've got both their albums. I much prefer the second one "Come Whatever May" Would definitely recommend trying them out

This song is from the self titled first album

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Orchids is a really cool song, definitely one of my faves off that album alongside Bother.

For something that's really funky, give Road Hogs a listen to! (It's not a mellow song! Pre-Warned!) It's just cheese-a-licious!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Just checked out Orchids on youtube. Very cool. Reminds me of Incubus and Down a bit mixed with Slipknot. I like it a lot. Will def check out the albums. Road Hogs is good, kind of like Kyuss (it's pretty mellow - definitely tame!!). Thanks alot :D

Don't you just love finding new decent music? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Not a big fan of Slipknot or even Stonesour's first album but "Come What(Ever) May" is a brilliant one.

Taylor's voice is pretty incredible.

30/30-150, Come Whatever May, Hell & Consequences, Made of Scars and Zzyzx Rd. are brilliant.

Buy the album. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Got the albums. Love them soooo much!

I can recognise styles from so many bands I already like; Down, Kyuss, Slipknot, Machine Head, Incubus..

It's cool how the tracks vary between metal/ hard rock/ ballad/ funky/ southern. :cool:

My favourites: Take a Number, Blue Study, Bother, Inhale, Orchids, Made of Scars, Cardiff and Through Glass (beautiful...)

Yea, I'll rave about this all night :D Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Really liked there first album,must check out there other albums though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Dante

Stone Sour - Zzyzx

Always loved this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

i only have the "come whatever may" album and it is definitely top notch.....most of the album has top quality stuff on it and the the special edition has a cool cover of "wicked game" by chris isaak.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 gith75

My favourite Stone Sour song is Zzyzx Rd.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFK4HD7KAjk

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oddly enough I really don't like Slipknot, but really like these guys. Still haven't bought albums or anything, but someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Really liked there first album,must check out there other albums though.

Their first album is quite good, I'll probably get crucified for this but it's a sight better then the second one too in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

My favourites, Bother, Through the Glass, Inhale, 30/30/150 and Come(whatever may) and there are others I like

• Registered Users Posts: 20 beccerelda

Both their albums are brilliant, definitely worth buying/downloading. Come Whatever May is the better of the two. Got to see them live a couple of years ago and they're amazing

Advertisement