Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights over meath

Options
  • 14-09-2009 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Did anyone else see lights last night? We live in Navan and around half 9 and me and my friend could see a huge white light with 2 red lights on the side flying around the sky it definitely was not chinese lanterns at first we thought it was a helicopter but i came closer and flew over us and there was no noise and it had four lights at each side it was like a disk shape and my friend tried to take a picture on her phone but it was moving way to fast. My other 3 friends came out and didn't beleive it until they seen it themselves it was flying around for most the night and sometimes the big white light in the middle would go off and somtimes it would just hover in the sky then fly off. :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bowiegr

Hi there , I live in Dunshaughlin and I was amazed to see two red lights come in from the Navan direction , on an arc it appeared , back out to the west direction , It was 21.48 when I seen them with a clear night sky and there was a gap of approx 3 minutes between each red light.What struck me was there was no noise from them at all and having lived out this way for 10 years I know the flight paths of airplanes well enough - these were not planes.There were 2 planes heading for Dublin airport either side of the red lights the second plane was quite close to the second red light.Minutes later the entire sky clouded over so probably 10 mins in all had gone by.It was the oddest thing I have seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

Probably a plane with its fog beams on coming in for landing in Dublin.Saw something similar over Maynooth on Sunday and it was a plane.

Advertisement