Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JG HK 416 battery rewiring from stock to front RIS..

Options
  • 14-09-2009 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

Lads can anybody tell or show me how to rewire the battery from the stock to the front RIS or hand guard.. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

its a pretty complex job if your not familiar with gearboxes, you need to completely strip it and re route the wiring to the front of the box. theres some soldering and maybe even extending of the existing wiring to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I cant say for your own HK but on me own dboys m4 it wasnt so bad.
    Had to disasemble to the seperate parts (handguard, stock, buffertube, barrel, pistolgrip etc). I didnt need xtra wiring simply cause the design of the m4 means the hadguard is the same distance away from the trigger assembly as the stock to keep it balanced.

Once you have the gearbox free with all attached wiring it was just a case of routing it form the back of the gearbox round the sides, under the barrel through to the handgrip. Cause they had to supply enough wire to cover the travel in the stock there was more than enough to reach the foregrip. Tricky bits were making sure not to snag the wires or place them where they'd get no ware off moving parts or the mag well.

I suppose of you have a solid stcok though that throws the idea out the window as I'm not sure how much wiring is inside it. All in all with the dboys m4 it was a fiddly job but not too bad if you take your time.

Advertisement