Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubycard - new Irish pre-paid card

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 RubyCard (Mike)

Just post them off no need to notarize anything.

If your emailing them scanned copies of both ID's are fine,
    if posting a Photocopy of photo ID and an original proof of address are needed.
    Make sure you add your account number to all correspondence.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ferga_com

If the helpdesk are giving out incorrect information on the phone and charging for it (via the premium-rate phone number) I would suggest that a refund of the call charge would be appropriate, not to mention a review of quality control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 wackjob

this is getting very close to the too hard bracket. Will send them off and see how it goes. Anybody suggest something similar?

Whackjob if you send phone bill and your account number to my email address mike@prepaidcards.ie we will credit your account with cost of call gladly.

We have spoken to our call center and there will not be a repeat of this issue.
    They deal with other Tuxedo products in the call centre as well as Rubycard and it was a mix up on the part of the operator.

Mike

ok, will do when I get the phone bill

• Advertisement

folk's dug out the bill. I have 3 seperate calls totalling 19:07 minutes and a charge of € 19.81. Seems to be a litter more than a euro a minute.

I dont think I have been charged for holding, because I was holding for 15 minutes, but I must have spoke for 19 minutes.

Either way it's just too expensive for what it is, thats me cooked on this one. Need to go and something else.

Wackjob,
    As I said
    If you scan in a copy of the bill and you account number to my email address mike@prepaidcards.ie we will on this occasion refund you the full cost of the calls.
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think you might be mixing things up:

You don't get charged for calling (while the phone is ringing), however the minute the call is answered (even if you go on to hold or speak to an agent) you begin charging. If they put you on hold, you are still being charged.

Still there should never be long holding periods when a premium rate number is involved.

You are right BB.
    But there was an issue with whackjob's call, It was answered and the system put him on hold . This should not have happened and will never happen again.
    The only time anyone will be charged is when the operator has answered and is dealing with their query?
    In most cases this is one or two mins.
    We do have a free customer care option which is email customercare@rubycard.ie they answer within 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

I've tried to sign up for a Rubycard.ie but I get a "Security Warning" - "Server chain incomplete, signing authority not registered"
    I've tried using three (3) different browsers, and always the same result. Anybody accepted this incomplet certificate?(from tuxedomoney.com) Not really great for a banking site.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭taung

Is RUBYCARD accepted as a "free" payment method for online Ryanair tickets?

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/gen-en-301109

Yes, it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 finnharps09

Payzone worldwide money card is also good for the ryanair flights...got rid of my ruby for one of them...much easier to contact them and they are super helpfull when i called.!

Sorry to hear you got rid of your Rubycard,
    I will leave my email address at the end of this post if you wish to contact me directly.
    The charges on payzone are much higher than Rubycard in every way except purchase price.
    We now offer bank transfer loading to all Rubycard holders upgraded or not. (free loading)
    And our top charge for any transaction is €2. in Ireland compared to 2.95% of total cost on payzone.
    Comparison:
    PAyzone €500spend. Load cost:€5.95trans cost:€14.75Total cost: €20.70
    Rubycard €500spend. Bank load :€0 Trans cost€2.00 Total cost: €2.00
    My email mike@prepaidcards.ie

I hope to hear from you.
    Mike Barron
    MD Rubyplus LTD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mvc_sassy

Yes.. i did it today! my RUBY CARD hell story!
    Received my Ruby card mid Nov., called the no and had it activated. No problem!
    Then, tried to load the card... went to the site for paypoint agents to top up.
    one by one, from Dublin 1 to Dublin, all they say WE DONT DO THAT!
    Now Dec. called the Ruby help line, been on hold for ages, my mobile phone load of Euro 30 all spent, and got the same answer.. they told me that those list that i had visited in Nov., agents in Dublin 1 & 2 is accepting top up. Really disgusts me as i already told them that they dont. Hang up, phone run out of credit and disgusted.
    Dec. 12, im still having a little hope maybe there is a way to top up my useless Ruby card! Called PAYPOINT not Ruby and told them that why those agents listed are not accepting top up for Ruby card? Was connected to a female Ruby card agent.
    Explained that all Spar, Centra, XL, Londis agents in Dublin 1 & 2 i already visited and they dont have a CLUE! She said she will look into it. After 15-20 min. she called me back on my mobile and told me that SPAR in Amien & Talbot street is accepting load/top up for my the Ruby Card. she told me she called herself and also Gala in Summerhill. Was relieved there was a glimmer of hope.
    Now today, Jan. 2 , i've decided to load my Ruby card and went to SPAR Amien st. talbot street, only to be disappointed and received the same reply.. we dont do that here.
    Im am not very happy. Have to walk cold weather, icy streets all over Dublin.
    Still... the im very positve, what if i go to Gala Summerhill.
    Went there and thats it! Im hearing the same recording.. we dont do that here!

So , i already wasted a lot of money, time and effort! NO MORE!

Cut my Ruby card in half.

Based on my experience.. would NEVER recommend Ruby card... waste waste waste!
    get Payzonemoney Mastercard!

Would be happy to send the shreds of the card to your office Mike.

Hi,
    We have had some problems from a couple of retailers in the Dublin Area.
    This is primarily because of security issues raised by retailers supplying the payzone card.

Our Rubycard can be loaded by transfer from any bank account for free or walking into a barleys Bank with ID .Account details
    NBS re Tuxedo
    Bank: Barclays Bank Plc
    Bank account number: 43397701
    Sort code: 99-02-12
    Payment Reference: You ECcount number 9 digits on bottom left of your card. This top up takes 3 days but is free.

I am horrified you have had such a bad experience.

I have attached a file below to bring to PayPoint agents which explains everything they need to do.

Mvc_ Sassy Please contact me off boards as I would like see if we can do anything for you.

mike@prepaidcards.ie
    Managing Director
    RubyPlus LTD.

Mike - I may be a little dense, but I see no mention of those sort-code/account details when logged in and looking under the "top-up" tab.

Hi BuffyBot,
    I hope you had a nice Christmas, And Happy New year to you.
    The account details are visable in the Top up now tab on the right hand side once logged in. It brings you to a new page where you can select bank details or wage/benefit form.

They can be used to top up all RubyCard's.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eamob85

I've had my Ruby card for a few months now, I've tried topping it a couple of times but have never had any joy. I'm trying to get it upgraded so I can top up using my online banking but am having a lot of hassle from the customer service team. It says on the website you can email a scan of your passport and utility bill to the customer care team and they will upgrade your account. The first time I done this they never got back to me. So i've sent them again and now they have come back to me saying my passport scan is fine but they require me to post an original copy of my utility bill to an address in london!? Even though it states here http://rubycard.ie/upgrade.html (and in the customer guidebook) that scans of both are acceptable. I am becoming increasingly frustrated with this card. Has anyone upgraded successfully yet? Can anyone give me any advice? I really want to start topping up because I want to save up for flights because I'm moving to Oz in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

eamob85 wrote: »
    I've had my Ruby card for a few months now, I've tried topping it a couple of times but have never had any joy. I'm trying to get it upgraded so I can top up using my online banking but am having a lot of hassle from the customer service team. It says on the website you can email a scan of your passport and utility bill to the customer care team and they will upgrade your account. The first time I done this they never got back to me. So i've sent them again and now they have come back to me saying my passport scan is fine but they require me to post an original copy of my utility bill to an address in london!? Even though it states here http://rubycard.ie/upgrade.html (and in the customer guidebook) that scans of both are acceptable. I am becoming increasingly frustrated with this card. Has anyone upgraded successfully yet? Can anyone give me any advice? I really want to start topping up because I want to save up for flights because I'm moving to Oz in the summer.

Well, having those types of problem. Simple, leave them. Companies in general need to start to pick up their service if they want to get through this recession and build their client base.

• Advertisement

Hi eamob85
    Can you email me directly on mike@prepaidcards.ie
    I will resolve the issue for you

It is not nessary to upgrade to load by bank transfer.

Bank Account Details
    Account name: NBS re Tuxedo
    Payment Reference: Your Eccount number. (9 digit number under your name on your Rubycard)

Mike

Hi eamob85

Mike

Shouldn't your customer service dept or your web site be able to handle this in the first place. Why is it that you are asking people to email you direct for you to sort of their problems with this service??? I know you will reply "good customer service" but i would say not having these types of problems in the first place is better customer service.:confused:

Thanks for your input munster4868
    I agree this should not happen.
    But someone in our customer care team has made an error and I would like to correct it.
    Scaned copies of both documents are acceptable.

Good customer service is very important to us.

Michael Barron
    Managing Director
    RubyPlus LTD
    City Gate
    Building 100
    Mahon Cork
    (t)021 2409019
    (f)021 2409001

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eamob85

Hi eamob85

It is not nessary to upgrade to load by bank transfer.

Bank Account Details
    Account name: NBS re Tuxedo
    Payment Reference: Your Eccount number. (9 digit number under your name on your Rubycard)

Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for that, if its a case of not needing to upgrade the card to load by a/c transfer then I should be ok. I have it set up on my online banking to start loading so will give it a shot later today.

eamob85

Thanks for your input munster4868
    I agree this should not happen.
    But someone in our customer care team has made an error and I would like to correct it.
    Scaned copies of both documents are acceptable.

Good customer service is very important to us.

Thats all and good, things happen, but looking back on the pages on this thread, problems with the use of this card and the customer service side to this card are going on since it's launch and don't seem to be getting better are improving, we all know companies have teething problems but i would hope that before you launch a product especially when it concerns money that trial runs and simulations are run well prior to the official launch so issues like these ones are ironed out and addressed. Companies these days must understand that their service they are suppling affects people and i would hope that companies would strive to effect their clients in a positive manner and their product is a re-freshing change and addition to the market place. On another subject, Just one thing you might be able to answer for me, the production of I.D. when it concerns money, i believe should always be made by the production of an ORIGINAL form of ID and current address and not a scan or photocopy as it opens the form itself up to tamper. I am open to correction on this by yourself but am awaiting clearification on this for certain by the relevant department(s). I always like to see companies do well as it has a knock on affect for all of us, so please address the issues that are popping up and are having a negative affect on your clients by solving it at base and not just solving it yourself after they happen. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 harriet2010

I wonder if anyone from Rubycard can tell us when the winners of the €2500 photo competition that was run on pix.ie will be announced. There was a lot of hype over the competition, then nothing. The competition closed in September 09, and since then there has been nothing. Quite a few people put a lot of time and eddort into this competition.
    http://www.irishpressreleases.ie/2009/09/09/ruby-card-the-new-way-to-manage-your-money-during-the-recession/

I wonder if anyone from Rubycard can tell us when the winners of the €2500 photo competition that was run on pix.ie will be announced. There was a lot of hype over the competition, then nothing. The competition closed in September 09, and since then there has been nothing. Quite a few people put a lot of time and eddort into this competition.
    http://www.irishpressreleases.ie/2009/09/09/ruby-card-the-new-way-to-manage-your-money-during-the-recession/

I am also still awaiting an answer from my previous post too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

The credibility of this company gets better by the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Twain11

Has anyone successfully lodged cash to their Rubycard?

I've tried all the newsagents in my area which are supposed to do it (Dublin 6/6W) and no luck. The guy in the Centra in Rathmines,in fairness said he knew what it was but their machine wouldn't take it.

As for topping up by bank transfer, there are no Barclays bank branches in the Republic of Ireland so how can you stroll into one as Mike suggests? Went to my bank (Bank of Ireland) to see if I could transfer cash to their account. It would have to be done as a foreign exchange transaction, I would have to lodge money in sterling AND I need an IBAN number!

Going to give up on this and check out Payzone.

Later Edit: After looking through the forum on Payzone it seems there is a 5% currency conversion fee if you purchase outside the Eurozone. Presume there is a similar charge with Rubycard.

I think the best option is to open an Ulster Bank account and get one of their Visa Debit cards which can be used on line and you "top up" by lodging money to your bank account. Clearly someone is making a lot of money on these pre-paid cards. I've used 3V in the past and find it ok, easy to top up, but they cost €5 a time. It adds up...

One option suggested on boards is to buy a gift card at Dundrum or Blanchardstown Shopping centres. I wonder if they work on line and do you get a CVV number ?

I bought my Rubcard by SMS(€5 fee and €10 to be deducted from first top up). They can use the €5 to pay for the glossy ads promoting this product.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mvc_sassy

Barclays Bank Ireland Plc
    2 Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin, Co. Dublin
    tel. 01 618 2600‎

Advertisement