Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubycard - new Irish pre-paid card

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Where on www.rubycard.ie do you actually log onto the site?
    From the email I received from them it says:
    To manage your card you can log onto www.rubycard.ie
    But I can't seem to find anywhere on the site to log in?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

CArOl the new address is www.rubyplus.ie

I e-mailed Mike a few times and got everything sorted. Hes very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 energy7

ordered a card in november from this company and they have not delivered. Told in early December was some delay and that I would get a free upgrade. call again this week and told to call the post office to check if they had it.

anyone else haveing issues getting a card delivered?

energy7 wrote: »
    ordered a card in november from this company and they have not delivered. Told in early December was some delay and that I would get a free upgrade. call again this week and told to call the post office to check if they had it.

anyone else haveing issues getting a card delivered?

I still haven't received the one I ordered end of November either. I emailed the customer care email address last week, and received a reply straight away to say they were having issues with getting the card processed, but these have been sorted and I will have it soon. Don't know whether to believe this or not.

Card finally arrived today, over a month after ordering it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

IMO, especially after the nightmares everyone had to go through here with Ruby, the payzone prepay is the way to go, never had any issues I use it mostly for online purchase (except one old chap in my local supervalu who never gets why it doesn't have a chip&pin:D) or found it unusually expensive-It only cost 6eur to buy and you only have to log your passport/ID number when registering online, none of this photocopies & utility bill business and their customer service are grand from what I've dealt with (wouldn't let me buy someone else phone credit online on O2for some reason)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 energy7

cee_jay wrote: »
    I still haven't received the one I ordered end of November either. I emailed the customer care email address last week, and received a reply straight away to say they were having issues with getting the card processed, but these have been sorted and I will have it soon. Don't know whether to believe this or not.

Card arrived Monday, cannot get the thing loaded now. Tried loading it at Payzone and it wouldent work also tried Paypoint. Helpdesk are saying these are not working and that they are in talks with them, plesant on the the phone. Directed me to the post office which dosent know what it is either!!!

Now saying that the Post office is off line until Monday and that I should lodge the money into an account at AIB.

Really bad, going to give up and try a diffrent product

• Registered Users Posts: 10 annmariexxx

I have used Rubycard quite happily for the past year, I top up at the XL shop at the bottom of Parliament st.

However, when i got an e-mail saying they were changing the cards, and there are more places to top up, i applied for the new card, which was November. I just received the card last week, and have not tried to top it up yet, but am a bit concerned as Ihave e-mailed a couple of times with queries, and not received any reply. Also, i had to set up new log in details for the new card, and I cant see a 'topup' option once logged in. So I have to say, I am a bit wary about the new card, so far. Also, I can still log into the old card account, and although there is a small balance on it, i tried to use it, and it was declined.

Hope all these things get sorted quickly, as up until the 'new card' introduction, I was happy with Rubycard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭WweAndTnaRules

Rubycard is going well for me, got mine in the post yesterday, topped it up today at a Paypoint agent in Co. Clare no bother and used it to buy shopping at Tescos. I would recommend it to anyone thats looking for a prepaid alternative to credit cards ;) Stay away from Payzone's Prepaid Mastercard, it looks fake and i couldn't get it to work at a few shops :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭eddison

I think people have been pretty rough on Rubycard here. The guy who was part of the company was good enough to come on, and deal with peoples complaints. This was the director of the company also.
    He offered to refund people their telephone bills, and was genuinely trying his best.
    When is the last time the director of a financial business came to offer you refunds, or try to sort things out for personally huh? some angry people in this country at the moment.
    I have ordered one, and received to today. I ordered it, and forgot about it. If it arrives it arrives. I personally will persist with this card, and feel they will sort it out. Payzone is way more expensive than rubycard. do the sums yourself. At least I have the directors email address if i have a problem. Thats more than I can say for allot of businesses never mind financial ones.
    I had 3v card, and it was a nightmare, i'll be delighted to dump 3v as soon as possible, they were hated by retailers, and I actually didn't like asking for 20 to be put on the card as 3v were too scabby to give the shop a cut out of it.
    3v didn't mind collecting all the little or not so little scraps of money that expired on those stupid receipts.
    Some people have had probs putting money on the card, so what i'm going to do is show the retailer the instructions posted here by someone else. Let them read the instructions and if they can read, then they might put some money on the card. Once i get my local to do this, then I shouldn't have a prob in the future. Problem solved, get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 995thewolf

eddison,

Just a quick note on payzone and ruby. I have been using payzone for over a year and a half and never had a problem, excellent service. Top ups always went through straight away and used it everywhere on line. I have been thinking of giving ruby a go as i gather they have relaunched and see an advert for it, where i top up my payzone. Have u any update on ruby? I opened a neteller account upgraded it no problem, but is having trouble having it accepted on some sites, so not going to bother with neteller.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 annmariexxx

Quick update on my Rubycard.

I have been using it for the past month, i loaded it, by doing online bank transfer, and it went through ok, took 3 days. I have also loaded at paypoint outlet at bottom of Parliament st (XL shop)

Only problem that i've had is that itunes wouldn't accept it as payment to download music.I rung Rubycard, and they told me that they were aware of the problems, and hope to have them resolved soon

annmarieXXX

Thankyou for the mention of itunes. I download a lot of music and use itunes all the time. Payzone is acepted by itunes, however every time u buy music a test transaction is done by itunes for the sum of 1.98euro to make sure the available funds are in the account. So just be aware to have an extra 2euro on the balance as well as your purchasing balance. You usually get this back around 28days later. I applied last nite on the rubycard website for the card, everything went ok. Got email fist thing this morning to confirm order and card should arrive, in around 7 to 10 working days. Even had the option of paying the 12.95 purchasing fee when i first top it up. So here is hoping ruby card have managed to sort things out and hope it works well. If it workes as smoothly as payzone does it would be great. With O2 introducting their prepaid visa money card with less fees, the others i think should take a long look at their fees. I will do a update when i get my card and top it up. 995thewolf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

This sounds like a complete rip off if you ask me. €6/month? You;d want to be daft to pay that.

Yes i agree 6euro a month is a bit much. If you only use it once or twice a month. Maybe for someone who would be using it alot, and would be paying a lot more in transaction fees, the monthly option would suit them. Hopefully as more cards come on the market like in the uk, fees will change!

Just a quick note to follow up on the ruby card. Well the card arrived and i had no trouble going on line and activiting it, all done in a few minutes. Since my last post about netellar, instead of the virtual card i got the physical card, which took about 3 weeks to arrive. I transfered money to it and used it online, so for me the physical neteller card would be the better option now. But i will give the ruby card a go and see how things work out. Will try out neteller on my next trip away post a few comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

i loaded money from my bank onto my card over a week ago and nothing has come up, ive emailed and tried to call but have had no answer?????

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

Got an e-mail yesteday about a new rubycard on the way which has reduced fees, works with iTunes and some other new features :)

Glad to hear about the reduced fees, good news indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

My card has been declined on a few websites now it has 212bucks on it and i cant take it out from an atm either no pin number??? Sent an email not ringing to be ripped off again poor poor customer service:mad:

Still no reply to my email frm this crowd have they gone under or whats the story anyone know??? Has anyone been able to use there card online?? Have 200 euro on it which i could really do with:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

Try contacting the regulator!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wasay911

I loaded money (E350) from my bank account by banking to ruby card's account that they gave me, and never got the money in the ruby card.....so i rang them after 5 days of transferring the money and now they are saying that they don't have any transaction details of that transfer on their bank account!!!!!!!!:eek: WTF!!!!!!!:confused:........and the sort code and account number they gave me is correct so possibility of transferring details being wrong is ruled out:cool:. And yes the money is gone from my account straightaway, its there showing on my online banking page.

I rang my bank (AIB) and they told me its showing on their systems that the money is gone to their (ruby card's) account. After ringing like a million times both my bank and ruby card, ruby card wants an email confirmation from the bank about the transfer now and i rang the bank again and they are saying they don't send any type of emails or nor they do any phone calls to anybody....WTF....all they can do is send me a copy of my statement which takes upto 7 to 10 working days(joke again)....like i have to pay my college fees before 21.10.11....and how am I going to do that now....cos i need a credit card to pay the fees that was the whole point of getting the ruby card cos i cant pay by laser.I'm so frustrated and worried at the same time....these ruby card ppl are really pissing me off now :mad:....I don't know what to do....oh yeah i emailed them the copy of my online transaction today and have to wait until monday to hear anything back from them as of the weekend........apart from this, anybody any suggestions?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74942735#post74942735

I rang the cork number on the card on thurs to findout whats been happening have they gone bust or what, was told no sir we will sort it out straight away had 213e left on the card, which i have now spent on 2 websites all good.. Not sure if il load more money onto it. Alot of hassle ringing them,emails etc

They are waste of space, time and your money wasting on ringing them....they don't do anything....looks like they are going to run out of business....i won't be using it again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

wasay911 wrote: »
    I loaded money (E350) from my bank account by banking to ruby card's account that they gave me, and never got the money in the ruby card.....so i rang them after 5 days of transferring the money and now they are saying that they don't have any transaction details of that transfer on their bank account!!!!!!!!:eek: WTF!!!!!!!:confused:........and the sort code and account number they gave me is correct so possibility of transferring details being wrong is ruled out:cool:. And yes the money is gone from my account straightaway, its there showing on my online banking page.

I rang my bank (AIB) and they told me its showing on their systems that the money is gone to their (ruby card's) account. After ringing like a million times both my bank and ruby card, ruby card wants an email confirmation from the bank about the transfer now and i rang the bank again and they are saying they don't send any type of emails or nor they do any phone calls to anybody....WTF....all they can do is send me a copy of my statement which takes upto 7 to 10 working days(joke again)....like i have to pay my college fees before 21.10.11....and how am I going to do that now....cos i need a credit card to pay the fees that was the whole point of getting the ruby card cos i cant pay by laser.I'm so frustrated and worried at the same time....these ruby card ppl are really pissing me off now :mad:....I don't know what to do....oh yeah i emailed them the copy of my online transaction today and have to wait until monday to hear anything back from them as of the weekend........apart from this, anybody any suggestions?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74942735#post74942735

The bank you made the transaction from is required to provide you with a payment trace if you request one. It is there responsibility to prove where your money is gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

The only problems I have found so far are you can't take more than a hundred euro out at a time from an ATM for some reason. And you have to wait 14 days for an authorization to come back when the staff at a hotel have no idea to deal with credit cards and authorizations they put on. But that's not ruby cards fault. The limit on withdrawals is terrible though, I needed to take out 240 today and can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kevin53

Has anybody any news or advice on Rubycard! I got a new one in the Post and am afraid to use it! I had one after Christmas but stopped using it due to the crazy hidden fees and silly website with lots of spelling mistakes! I called that call centre and they didn't understand my questions either and were no help- didn't bother complaining- whats the point- and tried to use the offers on the Ruby Rewards site but they didn't work either. How embarrassing:mad: Then they lost my money and it did't come into my account until I called weeks later. Who are these people!

I am going abroad next week and want to know is it safe to load monies. Does anyone know anything about them cause I got a new card in the post a couple of weeks ago??? Does the i tunes work either now cause they said before it would but that seemed to be just more of the same!

Is there any other option for somebody who just wants to enjoy a holiday without money troubles???

my advice don't use the ruby card...simple as that. Use a friends credit card or someone's you know and give them the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Personally IMO you cant go wrong with the Swirlcard. But after seeing this. i'd like to know what the hell is going on. Mastercard have gone cracked. they have

Swirl pre-paid
    Payzone money prepaid
    This Ruby card prepaid

Are there more out there.

Whats the point in all these different types.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

MasterCard is a brand, not a provider. They don't run the cards, different companies do.

Advertisement