Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubycard - new Irish pre-paid card

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 paul_ie86

Is anyone having problems with iTunes again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 S. Porter

I see a lot of people here over the past few years have been asking about Rubycard and the services they provide.

I had no issues signing up, receiving my card etc, but I should let you know that transferring funds from one account to your rubycard account is a bit of a task - and almost undermines the very purpose of the card:

First off, they tell you it takes between 4 and 5 working days for a transfer to go through - now to me, that's far too long! Surely this is something which they can work on - I mean it seems to make the card redundant if indeed you need the money fast!

Secondly, in spite of them telling you it's between 4 and 5 working days, it hasn't been the case for me thus far. In fact, for each of the 3 transfers I have processed I have had to call and bring to their attention that I had tried to make a transfer - and somehow, almost by magic, no more than 15 minutes after the call there are my funds in my rubycard account. Amazing!!!!

This does not inspire confidence, especially, given that the last transfer I tried to make was on 03/04/12, and am still waiting for the transfer to go through - I should also mention that customer service are not answering calls today, and the telephone number for 'disputes' brings you right through to the same options you get when you call their 0818 number.

Long and short of it: their services are slow, and questionable. I know Easter & bank holidays have just passed, but surely they ought to have some of these holidays staffed?

Thus far - disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Logged onto Rubycard just there, they'll be done within 60 days :( What is the next best option out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 paul_ie86

Anyone else having problems transferring money from bank accounts? Specifically AIB.

Advertisement