Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guarantee on drill

Options
  • 14-09-2009 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

I bought a drill in b & q in march of this year (7 months ago) and it has stopped working , Am I entitled to return it as surely it should have lasted longer than this, I have the reciept I paid €117, They say on the reciept that they operate a 90 day return policy on items that are unused, any help on what to do please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It should have a minimum 12 month warranty, when you bring it back, they can offer to send it away for repair, they dont have to give you a new straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Take it back and I suspect you might get a replacement drill. I have taken a few items back to B&Q and found them very easy to deal with.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

7mths, still under warranty = Replacement, Repair or Refund...at the seller's discretion. They can offer any one of those to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You can take the drill back to them and get a repair/refund/replacement - this is your entitlement under warranty and consumer law.

The 90 day period mentioned on the receipt is an extra service they offer whereby they will take back unwanted/unopened items (although legally, they do not have to).

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

Refunded no problems,thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

sohappy wrote: »
    Refunded no problems,thanks

One might say your sohappy :D

couldn't resist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Davy wrote: »
    One might say your sohappy :D

couldn't resist!

Me too :P

And sohappy you got back with the outcome, its just so frustrating when you never hear how things turn out :)

Advertisement