Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin Counting Machines?

Options
  • 14-09-2009 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Do you guys know where I can empty a few Dolmio jars worth of change into a machine and convert it into foldin' money?

I've tried the one in Centra on the dock road but the machine is "always full" and therefore I have to truck these weighty jars back home.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Those machines also have a 10% fee aswell don't they?
    Why don't you go to the bank and get money bags, I know its a bit of an extra effort but at least you get to keep all your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

never had problems with the one in Doc rd tbh, only used it about a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is one in the University Court shop/post office out in Castletroy, near the Pagoda Chineese Restaurant. They charge 9.5% commission.

I think there is another one out in the shop in Ballycumin village, Raheen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bund

have you tried tesco they have machines in some of their stores in dublin i dont know about limerick do

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

- apologies if this is kind of off topic -

I was in a mates flat a whil back and he had coin counting money box. You just dropped your coins into the slot an they rolled into their individual slots. It had guides up along each slots to tell you how much was stacked in each one. Well handy !!

He told me at the time he got it in the arts & crafts shop in the crescent but I went out to them and they said they don't stock them anymore.
    Does anyone know of where these may be stocked ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

I think you can buy one by mail order from the Irish Times, but this is a fairly big one that costs about 150euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

- apologies if this is kind of off topic -

I was in a mates flat a whil back and he had coin counting money box. You just dropped your coins into the slot an they rolled into their individual slots. It had guides up along each slots to tell you how much was stacked in each one. Well handy !!

He told me at the time he got it in the arts & crafts shop in the crescent but I went out to them and they said they don't stock them anymore.
    Does anyone know of where these may be stocked ??
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Euro-coin-counter_W0QQitemZ260435405195QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_BOI_Retail_Shop_Fitting_POS_Equipment_ET?hash=item3ca328e98b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_500wt_956

Advertisement