Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming chair suggestions??

Options
  • 14-09-2009 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hellooo!

I'm looking for a good gaming chair for my boyfriend but haven't a clue where to start. I'm looking for one that is compatible with PS3, but that can also be used for movies and music. I also want it to be wireless and compatible with a HDMI TV and if possible under the €150 mark! My boyfrined is 6' 3" so it would also have to be fairly big and comfortable! I've been looking at ones in Argos, PC World and on Ebay but am not sure which are the best. If anyone had any suggestions for a good brand or model, that would really help me out!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Personally I feel they are a marketing scam and a waste of money.

Unless he's communicated to you that he'd really like one, Id buy him and xbox 360 or a trip abroad instead for the same price

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

SeantheMan wrote: »

Unless he's communicated to you that he'd really like one, Id buy him and xbox 360 or a trip abroad instead for the same price

I agree with everything above.

Gaming chairs are a silly novelty imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Unless you find slouched posture attractive in a man I don't see why this is a good idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Dante

Overheal wrote: »

No way......I spent €70 on a gaming chair a few years ago in PC World and have loved it ever since. It's so comfortable and handy, I could never go back to a normal chair! Would definately recommend getting one if he into gaming. Wow I sound like a nerd now. :S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

A good quality bean bag is a sound investment. You might sit in it yourself now and again too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

No way......I spent €70 on a gaming chair a few years ago in PC World and have loved it ever since. It's so comfortable and handy, I could never go back to a normal chair! Would definately recommend getting one if he into gaming. Wow I sound like a nerd now. :S
    Its the Geek you need to be aware of. Nerds are ok. the dot com bubble saw to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Whoop whoop!

Thanks for all the advice everybody! Really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What did you decide to get ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Whoop whoop!

I've kinda gone off the idea of the gaming chair now altogether so am now wracking my brain to think of a different present for him!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Budda Bag FTW!
    http://www.buddabag.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I wouldn't agree with the idea that a gaming chair is a waste of money, don't have one myself (have Buddabag as mentioned above) but got my brother-in-law one a year or two ago and I love it, so does he. It's very very comfortable for long gaming sessions and when hooked up to the console has a brilliant sound.

How many of those who said they're just a gimmick have used one ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Yea the whole "gaming chair" thing is a waste of money. Theres plenty of other ideas for someone into their gaming thou if you know what he has.

Off the top of my head the best idea if its purely a console setup is a lovely set of speakers (5.1 with a good sub if you have the budget for it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Don't buy gadgets for someone into gadgets, show it to him and ask him if he likes it. Most of these things are crap and are aimed at moms and girlfiends, with little parctical use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Again, I fail to see why people think they have little practical use, have you all used one ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

A gaming chair is useless, that's why a recommended the Buddha Bag.
    Its so much more useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

how about anything that don't provoke a trapped nerve ;-

lower back support! then ur good to go.

Advertisement