Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New mummy

Options
  • 14-09-2009 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hey all

Im after a bit of a advice re my boxers.

One of my dogs has recently become a mummy, the pup's are only 3 weeks old and are seriously as big as houses already.

She is a fantastic mum and is really protective and hates leaving them on their own when I try get her out of the house for a run in the garden. She has started leaving them a bit more lately and I have only just noticed that she is missing tiny tufts of fur along her back, not many just maybe 3 spots.

I called my vet who told me it was more than likely pressure sores because she is lying down with the pups alot - but I was wondering if there is anything else I can do like special foods etc

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

boy have you got your hands full:D
    maybe change what ever it is she is lying on, a thicker blanket or pillow,, it shouldn't last too long as the pups get older she will move about more,,,
    enjoy your bundles of energy,,,,,,,,,,best of luck:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭SunnyP

Thanks joyce, I got them a new vet bed today so hopefully that will help.

Bundles of energy are not the word for them, there is 5 of them and they each have their own little personality already headcases the lot of them

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

oh,,,,, all i can think is god help you and your poor house,,hope you've everything tied down or put up ,,,cos they're only getting bigger,,,:p enjoy them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

SunnyP wrote: »
    I was wondering if there is anything else I can do like special foods etc

I'm no expert on this, but I'm pretty sure that lactating bitches certainly need more, if not better quality food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭SunnyP

Hi peasant,

Yeah I completely agree with the more and improved quality foods and all that has been and is in place since early pregnancy
    I have just never experienced the hair loss before she is in fantastic form and looks great apart from the little spots - think Ill bring her to the vet tomorrow just to make sure

• Advertisement
Advertisement