Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone upgrade - Recommendations?

• 14-09-2009 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

My N95 8GB is giving up the ghost so I'm going to use up my Vodafone upgrade.

I'd like to spend the minimum amount of money and tick the following boxes..

No Nokias.. (I hate the S60 operating system)
    Alarmable memos (S60 cant do this as easily as the old Nokias)
    Wifi/3G
    Large screen
    FM Radio ideally
    Decent calendar

Thats about it!

Any recommendations welcome. I was thinking too of getting a HTC Magic on the net. That seems to fit most of the above except for the FM radio which I really dont understand why it isnt a feature.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I know you said no nokias, but have you seen the N900? No S60,, but still a nokia ;)

Should explain most details for you: http://maemo.nokia.com/n900/ Its not out at the moment but will be soon. No guarantee vodafone stocking it yet thought of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Davy wrote: »
    I know you said no nokias, but have you seen the N900? No S60,, but still a nokia ;)

Should explain most details for you: http://maemo.nokia.com/n900/ Its not out at the moment but will be soon. No guarantee vodafone stocking it yet thought of course.

Cheers.. It looks expensive though! I'm not mad about the querty keyboards.

What are those Samsungs like? I was looking at the S8300 and it seems to tick all the boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Samsung have improved a lot over the years, wouldn't advise you against Ultra. Dont think i would get the htc magic, maybe the hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 wmMagner

yeah samsung make some nice phones these days but a lot of them are s60 too. :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Trotter wrote: »
    Cheers.. It looks expensive though! I'm not mad about the querty keyboards.

What are those Samsungs like? I was looking at the S8300 and it seems to tick all the boxes.

The Samsung Jet (S8300) is great handset, going by sales and online reviews, so if you're interested, you should try out the handset in-store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 wmMagner

yeah samsung make some nice phones these days but a lot of them are s60 too. :-(

Advertisement