Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTraffic

Options
  • 14-09-2009 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

check out this site

Sounds great....

Does anybody have any idea when the software will role out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

First I've heard of it - looks good. Wonder is it country wide or restricted to cities?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

Hopefully it will be nationwide but anything at all would be a step forward

I sent iTraffic an email enquiring about their service.

This is their reply

Thank you for note.

We share your pain on the commute and look forward to sharing our service with you.

We are at advanced stages of preparation for our service for the first real time traffic service in Ireland.

We will send our congestion and traffic flow information to mobile Sat Nav’s like N95 and also Garmin and TomTom like devices (received silently over FM).

Both Vodafone and O2 have made recent announcement on their plans for Sat nav’s on phones and we aim to provide the traffic flow in real time to these devices.

See:

http://www.gisdevelopment.net/news/viewn.asp?id=GIS:N_ckwvjixfte

TomTom and Garmin can take our service to market also.

In the meantime we will be going live on SMS in the coming weeks with Sat nav coming for Xmas. Text M50 to 53131 and get a sneak preview of our service. We will be expanding split/intermediate times to regional towns later. (If you are on O2 you can check out M7 to 53526 /5JAM, text are 60c initially for this service).

Please see our DVD on www.itraffic.ie/movie

looks class!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

are ppl using this app now? http://www.siliconrepublic.com/start-ups/item/17196-itraffic-brings-real-time-t real time traffic, with delays conditions warnings etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Advertisement

has anybody being using this? any feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

looks quite useless :) ..can't imagine live traffic update thru text message lol ... just think: got text with update and what? do text reroute my journey ..don't think so ..so need to read info and manually change my route
    ...useless :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 cojones

Advertisement