Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

abercrombie and fitch stockists

• 14-09-2009 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

does anywhere in galway stock abercrombie and fitch .
    Ive just come back from my bi-annual search for a decent jacket in , only to find that its still impossible to get mens clothes in this town, also there seems to a fair few shops closed down around town,dealys and a a few more in the eyre sq centre - signs of the times I suppose.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

only in the UK asfaik can u obtain abercrombie and fitch!!!!! great store in saville row but pricey

I think its called "origin" down near the origial charcoal grill.Would never pay 120 euro for Abercrombie hoody though.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

cheers, its just the jackets ive any interest in, they seem to be hard to get online also, unless you buy from the states.theres a lot of dodgy lookin stores selling discount jackets from addresses in china, think ill give them a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

A&F don't have any stores in Ireland, but I suppose the Gap is the next best alternative. I don't know if they're in Galway, but there are two outlets in Dublin, next time you're in the big smoke :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Order on the official site and pay the customs tax on arrival.

• Advertisement

Pythia wrote: »
    thats what im probably going to do, but im not too sure about the sizes, its US so id probably have to get a size smaller ie medium even though id usually get large, id hate for it to arrive only to be the wrong size.

thanks for all the replies!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

^^ I don't agree, I think that A&F sizes aren't as big as other US sizes ... in fact I think they are more similar to Irish sizes.

Oh and re customs, you'll pay 40% of the total value of your order (i.e. the cost of the clothes + shipping is what you pay 40% on).

• Registered Users Posts: 14 celica00wd

Pythia wrote: »

A & F wont post to ireland....have a look on ebay...theres a lot of great genuine gear on it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

celica00wd wrote: »
    A & F wont post to ireland

Yes they will.

I havent tried but I cant see why they wouldnt post to Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

anyone think it's about time a sticky was written about all these american(A&F/AE/Hollister)/australian(Uggs) brands as to why they aren't available in ireland and what's the best way of getting them.

seems to be a lot of new threads created and a lot of old threads dug up on the subject matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dolby

Sizes are the very same in A&F and you can order online they will send to Ireland however you have to pay customs to fedex prob spending €150 + €40customs MAx. american eagle are very good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

In my opinion check out American Eagle for those heavy duty winter jackets. Absolutely fantastic quality (I reckon they killed about 20 mink to line the inside of it :p) and a very decent price.

FYI Abercrombie, Hollister, Ruehl and American Eagle will ship to Ireland. You will definitely be charged customs and duties on all except American Eagle. This is due the carrier Fedex convienently paying them on your behalf only to hit you up with a bill a few weeks later. American Eagle uses UPS to ship iirc so you have the chance it might get through.

Edit: Btw the sizing is exactly the same in my experience and that goes for jeans too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 MrBill

does anywhere in galway stock abercrombie and fitch .

Tell 'em Raymond...
    Rain Man wrote:
    K-Mart sucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

celica00wd wrote: »
    A & F wont post to ireland....have a look on ebay...theres a lot of great genuine gear on it....
    A&F DO post to Ireland actually.
    dolby wrote: »
    Sizes are the very same in A&F and you can order online they will send to Ireland however you have to pay customs to fedex prob spending €150 + €40customs MAx. american eagle are very good!
    If you buy A&F stuff worth €150 then you will pay up to €60 in customs - it's 40% of the value of the clothes + shipping. It would be extremely rare to pay anything less than 40%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

op dont know if this is any use to ya but i was recently in belfast and A&F and hollister are opening a new store in the victoria shopping centre in october this year. (they were advertising for "good looking" people when i was there! it actually said "good looking" on the sign!!!!!:eek:)

as regards the duty on stuff from the US i have gotten stuff from american eagle a few times and have never been caught for it so im wondering how they decide who gets charged and who doesnt??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Can we ban abercrombie threads from here my brain hurts!!Their hoodies and tracksuits for feck sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 MrBill

That's the truth. NUIG is a damp swamp of A and F pyjamas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

tinkerbell wrote: »
    ^^ I don't agree, I think that A&F sizes aren't as big as other US sizes ... in fact I think they are more similar to Irish sizes.

Oh and re customs, you'll pay 40% of the total value of your order (i.e. the cost of the clothes + shipping is what you pay 40% on).

i would agree, abercrombie are definately smaller than say american eagle.for lads anyway they do "muscle fit" which means tight on arms and belly.im a medium in american eagle and a large in abercrombie,sometimes even an xl if the material is uncomfortable.i always feel fat in abercrombie but its the same for everyone i know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Blakkenamber

A+F are really rubbish mass market clothes, look good on 5% of wearers, the rest may as well be wearing Pennys or Dunne's stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

I bought from USA A&F website; spent $85 on three items and it cost me $45 in customs/delivery charges. They delivered within 5 days via FEDEX or UPS to my door. Very happy with outcome ... even though the additional cost for shipping/customs was high. There was no other way of being guaranteed to get the real mccoy.

Advertisement