Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Packers 2009

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Which US state is this club in ?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Which US state is this club in ?:confused:
    the packers? Green bay, Wisconsin......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭christopher

good result against the lions last night, but we shoulda put a lot more points on the board!

delighted for driver, another big night for rodgers (can't help but notice he's consistently putting more yards on the board than "Brent")

bit concerned about clifton though. that line is making us a laughing stock!!

great to see some other packer fans in ireland, i thought i was all alone!!

The games greatest franchise? Everyone loves the Pack, and those who don't are wrong! Title Town USA, the Ice Box, the tiny size of the city, the tradition, the success, being owned by the community....what's not to love?

what's the verdict on bringing ahman green back?? good signing i reckon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

No I would say, clapped out, knees gone, doubt if he will make much of an impact.

are any of you gonna meet up to watch the game next weekend??

Will be out of the country next weekend, but should be able to see it somewhere.

Enjoy.

Bit like the LPL MU game on Sun. this is a big big game for the Pack.

Season ending might be a bit strong, but lose this one and it's over and out in my opinion.

MUST FCUKING WIN!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Bit like the LPL MU game on Sun. this is a big big game for the Pack.

Season ending might be a bit strong, but lose this one and it's over and out in my opinion.

MUST FCUKING WIN!!!!!

I somewhat disagree. If we lose then we can pretty much forget about winning the division no doubt. We would be 3 and a half games behind and Minnesota will hold the tie break but I'd still back us for a wildcard spot. There is no outstanding divisions in the NFC this year imo. If we lose we are 4-3 but still have to play Detroit, Seattle, SF and Tampa Bay. We also have winnable games at home to Dallas, away to Chicago and at home to Baltimore.

In saying all that I think we can beat the Vikings and if we do win it then the division is wide open and really sets us up for the 2nd half of the season.

I was thinking more psychologically than statistically.

Who have we beaten...absolute basement teams,maybe not incl Chicago, but otherwise rubbish.

Any decent half assed team has a chance, even in Lambeau.

God be with the days when you could chalk up seven wins out of eight at home.

We need to beat a good team (Vikes) at home and beat them well to gain traction for the rest of the season.

Conceding far too many penalties.... can't happen against the Vikes.

I agree. It's a big game psychology. I still think we can get 10-11 wins this season even if we lose if we tighten up the O-line and give Rodgers more time.
    But a win here would be huge.
    Man I love to be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

As a neutral I can't see past the Pack for this one - they really seem to be firing on all cyclinders, and the Vikes have the appearance of the beginning of a slump.
    TBH, I hope I'm wrong because some of my favourite players play for Minnessota, but either way, it's going to be some game :)

Well beaten, made a bit of a fight of it in the second half... not much to look forward to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

well excellent comeback in the 2nd half.. if only Rodgers can make more calls like this wen the plays are cold in the 1st quarter would be able to get some points on the board early.. seems like he waits until he's under pressure then starts performing using his natural instinct.

still can hold for a wildcard spot and took a ding dong against a great vikings def. OL still as soft as flower but can only get better is the only positive to take.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

It seemed to take a while for Rogers to get into the game, whereas Favre had ice in his veins and wasnt fazed one bit. Plus that guy who receives the punts/kickoffs is amazing.

This is the first time I got to see the pack this year and I'm fairly confident we can get 2nd spot in the division and who knows, mabey a wild card.

congrats to the Vikings though, they are a great outfit & will go far.

Yes very slow start,it was only when they cranked up the tempo that they got anywhere.

Still not getting the hard yards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

Well thats the season over vikes look like they can lock it up soon,the packers o line has to be worst ever in football ive seen :(

Yep she's over now good and proper.

jaysus, hammered bay a winless team with 8 total sacks up to this.

And they run up 6 sacks against The Packers.!!!!

Time to get rid of Capers and Mccarthy.

Bill Cowher is needed to instill a bit of fire in them....

haven't checked the packers site but I'm sure full of the usual excuses, make a big play get a penalty flag, drop a catch on a big gainer.

Lost count of the number the announcers on the packers network said..."My goodness" and "wow" at the sheer ineptitude of the performance.

Very very very poor.

Time to get rid of Capers and Mccarthy.

Bill Cowher is needed to instill a bit of fire in them....

The Packers record in Tampa is terrible, afaik 1 win in last 7 visits. It is bad alright, but would see how things go for remainder of this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

37 sacks through 8 games is a joke. The OL needs to get its act together.

Sacking Capers? What would that achieve? He's been there for 8 games. There has been improvement. And sacking the HC halfway through a season with a 4-4 record? Come off it. The Packers are not the Raiders.

Aaah at long last the Pack have woken up.

Still a big problem with penalties almost 100 yds in penalties but the Cowboys were as penalty prone and the Pack dodged a right few bullets.

Mustn't grumble however and the D were excellent.

Went for Romo, which makes one wonder why they didn't really target the QB up to this.

Great drive by Rodgers prior to 1 yarder, around 8 mins off the clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

A great win. Always good to beat the Cowboys! Tony Romo's first NFL loss in November, too. The D played great. The O did just enough. 4 more sacks, though. If they can play like this every week, there's no reason they can't make the play-offs, and then who knows what could happen.

I dream of them gaining revenge on the Vikings, before knocking off TWO perfect teams: The Saints in the NFC championship game and the Colts in the big one.

Colts have won 18 straight regular season games!
    Aaah at long last the Pack have woken up.

So you don't want to sack Capers and McCarthy anymore? :D

Aaaah I knew I'd get that one.:D

Much more aggressive D last night, why didn't they do that up to now? Looks like someone woke up.

Seriously, a great win , but Cowboys messed up some big big plays which could have changed the course of the game.

If they could play like that next week they could beat the 9ers and then Detroit.

Still conceding far too much penaly yards... won't get away with that week in week out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Still conceding far too much penaly yards... won't get away with that week in week out.

Packers as of last night were leading the league in penalties, they really need to curb it or they'll end up getting hit every single game.

Yeah a huge victory. There is 0 reason we can't be 7-4 in 2 weeks.
    Hopefully this is the catalyst to turn season around and get some consistency.

Titletown USA beats America's Team.

And some think Colts Pats was the big fixture...;)

Need a solid win over the 'Niners tonight to convince me we are in wild card race.

Top of the 4th and well on the way but running out of steam a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Top of the 4th and well on the way but running out of steam a bit.

Should be game set and match there. The offensive line can't pick up the blitz. The defensive line isn't getting any pressure on Rodger and the secondary hasn't stopped the pass m

Just garbage all around (:

• Advertisement

Not over yet.......

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Should be game set and match there.

I'll try and refrain from making that sort of comment again.

Now it's official. Still don't know how the refs didn't give the ball back to the Niners when it was quite clear that they recovered the fumble but like the Houston game we dug a hole too much in the first half to emerge victorious.

Congrats guys.

Pack had an excellent 1st half, however I would be concerned about how they failed to contain a one dimensional offense in the 2nd half.

Seems the 'Niners could score at will, when Pack knew they had to air the ball.

Giving up a 4th &20 for a TD if I remember correctly.

Still a win is a win... let's hope they stay focused in Detroit Thursday, potential banana skin there.

'Niners QB had a very nice game .

Still a win is a win... let's hope they stay focused in Detroit Thursday, potential banana skin there.

Yeah, given the erractic nature of performances to date, wouldn't shock me if Detroit won that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Bad news for the Packers losing both Al Harris and Aaron Kampman for the season is a huge blow for the defense. Certainly having no luck with injuries this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Well they're doing ok against Detroit so far tonight... Should see them extend their lead come the 3rd and 4th.

Good win, have to say I am unconvinced.

Still..

Good win, have to say I am unconvinced.

Still..

Yeah, know what you mean. I worry with the injuries when we come up with teams who have top wide receivers without Harris and generally Woodson will have to blitz less.

In saying all this, we are in a good spot at 7-4. I think we have a very good chance to get a wild card now as our run in is pretty decent. Our O-Line seems to be finally gelling and I think if we put it all together in the play-offs for 60 minutes I would take on anyone. We have a lot going for us.

• Advertisement

Great result and second half performance! woop!

Is Rodgers still being very under-rated and his performances being over-looked by great defensive play & bad O-Line?
    He's having another stonking season and being battered with penalties, sacks and epic pressure.
    To me it looks like he really only lets his natural instincts take over his call making once he is under the gun.

I have such low expectations...any season where Packers go better than 8-8 and finish above the Bears is pleasing for me...I think it's cos I still have nightmares about the mid 80s!

Not old enough to remember that only an NFL 3 years and was very strange way I became a Packers fan... never had much time for the NFL but I was hungover on the couch couple of years back during the Packers Vrs Seahawks match that was in the middle of a complete blizzard so I got enthralled...

Packers were struggling and Favre spun out of a tackle and improved a third-down underhanded a pass to Lee for an 11-yard gain to the 3 then Grant ran it in... In that 3min period I was a suddenyl a Packers fan!

THANK FCK IT WASNT SEAHAWKS I CAUGHT MAKING THAT PLAY!! phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Followed the Packers since the '80's when Channel 4 used to cover the sport. Always liked the concept that, unlike any other NFL team, they were owned by the community.

Last summer met an American visitor who was wearing a Packer's cap and I told him that I too supported them, so he insisted I kept the cap. He said that this was common practice with Packer fans, that they gave would give other fans that they met some Packer memorabilia - which I thought was a nice gesture.

Big game tonight. I am confident of victory and if we do win it then we have taken a huge step towards the play-offs.
    As I said in Week 13 thread the wild card race in NFC is now the Packers vs NFC East. Atlanta have a chance as there last 3 games are winnable but they are falling apart so don't give them much hope.

I think we have 1 of the easiest run ins. The cowboys have a really tough one and we hold the tie break over them. Philadelphia face NY and Dallas so they are going to dropping games to each other.

Let's hope we get it done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,032 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I fancy the Ravens, they need a win to keep pace with the Broncos and Jaguars in the AFC playoff race.

I don't think that schedule is too easy at all. For sure the final game will be handy with the Cards resting players but you have the Ravens tonight, then the Bears at Soldier Field and then you have to play the Steelers in Pittsburgh also.

I think thats a tough three game stretch, you need to win two of them to make the playoffs imo. Its achievable but not easy by any means.

• Advertisement

Agree, won't be easy.

Packers have a very important game tonight, and need to cut out the penalties and take every opportunity they get.

If they win tonight I fancy them for a wildcard, but a loss would put them under pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,032 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Agree, won't be easy.

Packers have a very important game tonight, and need to cut out the penalties and take every opportunity they get.

If they win tonight I fancy them for a wildcard, but a loss would put them under pressure.
    I'll tell you why I don't fancy them. Its to do with Rodgers, I've always said he holds onto the ball too long, a lot like his predecessor. He still has to learn to throw it away but he is always trying to make a play. This is a huge problem when you are facing a team with N'Gata, Suggs and Ray Lewis.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching Aaron Rodgers and he is imo one of the top QBs but I do think that if he was willing to throw the ball away more often he would be so much better.

I didn't say it was easy but easier then Phili and Dallas which it is. Tough but winnable game tonight. Next week away to Chicago which we are favourites for. Away to Pittsburgh, I would make Steelers favourite for that tbh as they may have to run the board and it's just so hard to win at Heinz field (yesterday aside) although we certainly have a chance.
    We then face Seattle, clear favourites for that and final week away to Arizona. Tough game but they maybe resting players and will likely not have much to play for while we will have everything. That could go either way.

I think 10-6 will be good enough so Ravens, Chicago and Seattle will get us across the line.
    If we don't win tonight then we are in a real dog fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Big game tonight. Tempted to stay up for it (but I tend to jinx the one's I stay up for).

I think we can win this one tonight, which will be a huge step towards the playoffs.

The key really is not to lose any of the NFC games. We may need a good record within the conference in a potential tie-breaker with the Eagles or the Giants (we already have the upper hand on Dallas).

Aaron Rodgers is on course to break the Packers single season records for passing yards among others. I think he'll have enough time in the pocket tonight to cause problems for the Ravens.

Packers by 3. (Hopefully)

Nice win for the 'Pack, for some unknown reason i thought it was in Baltimore:o:o

Just looking at the highlights, Jermichael Finley is some load, must be close to starting TE at this stage.

17-0 lead and let them back into it but the D did it's job.

27-14 eventually.

From the highlights , very impressive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement