Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hapoel Tel Aviv v Celtic (Thursday)

• 14-09-2009 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Important Celtic get off to a good start in the group, I would like to see Crosas get a game if fit and maybe try Killen up front with Skippy. Im going 2-1 Celtic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Mowbray going with a bit of bite in midfield with McDonald again having to sit on the bench for Mowbray to change the system.

Boruc
    Hinkel --- Loovens --- McManus --- Fox
    --- Brown ---- Caldwell --- N'Guemo ---
    -- McGeady
    Maloney --
    Samaras

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Don't know too much about Happoel but Israel isnt usually an easy trip for any team, i reckon Celtic will do well if they get a draw tonight.

1-1

Cracking goal from Samaras, 0-1

Very calm 1st half performance. So far so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Ouch, very nasty fall by Sammi there. Hapoel coming back into it here. McGinn just on - hope he puts in a good 25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Is there two more referee assistants standing on the goal line in this match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ffs

BFassassin wrote: »
    Is there two more referee assistants standing on the goal line in this match?

Yep, its UEFA's new plan to stop any goal line controversy :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Celtic have been dire in the 2nd half and are actually lucky to be on level terms. Have not really seen Maloney or McGeady in the 2nd half.

Edit: Well there you go, they have now thrown it away... again

Ouch.....

On McGeady, i cant help but question Mowbray's decision to put him in the middle when McGinn came on.

• Advertisement

ah disaster!

Destroyed 2nd half. Exact opposite Rangers last night.

really disappointed

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Lads a reminder about using SPOILERS

Dub13 wrote: »
    Lads a reminder about using SPOILERS

I'm sorry i dont understand, we're not to talk about the match in the match thread?:confused:

(I'm serious by the way, not trying to be a smartass.)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Eirebear wrote: »
    I'm sorry i dont understand, we're not to talk about the match in the match thread?:confused:

(I'm serious by the way, not trying to be a smartass.)

Somebody posted up a score from the sofia V fulham game,I should have made it more clear.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Embarrassing 2nd half. Simply embarrassing. If I were a season ticket holder, I'd be posting it back to CP with a steaming fresh log along with it.

That's the worst I've seen since Artmedia, no question. Had Hapoel been able to finish better, that would have been 5 or 6 to them.

I just cannot believe how Celtic surrendered that lead so easily. Hamilton would have beat that 2nd half Celtic tonight ffs.

Mobray's subs were gash also.

Rangers fans will be laughing their holes off at that ****e, and I for one can only agree with them tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

PauloMN wrote: »
    Embarrassing 2nd half. Simply embarrassing. If I were a season ticket holder, I'd be posting it back to CP with a steaming fresh log along with it.

That's the worst I've seen since Artmedia, no question. Had Hapoel been able to finish better, that would have been 5 or 6 to them.

I just cannot believe how Celtic surrendered that lead so easily. Hamilton would have beat that 2nd half Celtic tonight ffs.

Mobray's subs were gash also.

Rangers fans will be laughing their holes off at that ****e, and I for one can only agree with them tonight.

Us never :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Very disappointing result. Didn't see game but reading reports on here, it doesn't seem good. What went wrong lads? I can't understand why Rangers fans would be laughing, my mate, a big Rangers fan wanted them to win and so did his mates. This aint good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Aalborg all over again:mad: Caldwell is not a midfielder how many times must he mess up or be found wanting untill Mowbray cops on. When we got the ball we just gave it away too easy, is it tactics from Mowbray or players not doing what they should. Im very annoyed at tonights result Tel Aviv were very average and there for the taking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Brewster wrote: »
    Very disappointing result. Didn't see game but reading reports on here, it doesn't seem good. What went wrong lads? I can't understand why Rangers fans would be laughing, my mate, a big Rangers fan wanted them to win and so did his mates. This aint good.

Many things. The Caldwell midfield experiment continues - who knows why. McManus started - was very surprised to see that. Scott Brown wasn't at the races at all tonight, there's no doubt he has talent but he rarely shows it these days.

Hapoel gave Celtic far too much respect 1st half. 2nd half they came out and played, while Celtic watched them, with players literally walking around the pitch. ****ing unbelievable to watch.

As for the subs - I'm not quite sure what Mowbray was thinking but N'Guemo off for McGinn? Killen for Samaras... meh, fair enough but stick McDonald on at the same time, revert to 4-4-2 and try to force the game a bit.

The heat is the one thing that seems to have really affected Celtic, they looked completely sapped of energy in the 2nd half. I think that was part of Hapoel's game plan to be honest and it worked remarkably well. Anyway, that can't be used as an excuse for such a dire performance.

Rapid beat Hamburg 3-0 tonight also. It's just unreal to think that after 1 game we are under major pressure already. I can't see 3 home wins in Europe with this team.

One last thing - Crosas - what is the story? Has either player or manager said anything? Like how the **** is Gary Caldwell getting a midfield spot ahead of Crosas? Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

PauloMN wrote: »
    Many things. The Caldwell midfield experiment continues - who knows why. McManus started - was very surprised to see that. Scott Brown wasn't at the races at all tonight, there's no doubt he has talent but he rarely shows it these days.

Hapoel gave Celtic far too much respect 1st half. 2nd half they came out and played, while Celtic watched them, with players literally walking around the pitch. ****ing unbelievable to watch.

As for the subs - I'm not quite sure what Mowbray was thinking but N'Guemo off for McGinn? Killen for Samaras... meh, fair enough but stick McDonald on at the same time, revert to 4-4-2 and try to force the game a bit.

The heat is the one thing that seems to have really affected Celtic, they looked completely sapped of energy in the 2nd half. I think that was part of Hapoel's game plan to be honest and it worked remarkably well. Anyway, that can't be used as an excuse for such a dire performance.

Rapid beat Hamburg 3-0 tonight also. It's just unreal to think that after 1 game we are under major pressure already. I can't see 3 home wins in Europe with this team.

One last thing - Crosas - what is the story? Has either player or manager said anything? Like how the **** is Gary Caldwell getting a midfield spot ahead of Crosas? Bizarre.

Thanks Paul. I have seen Brown a number of times, and I have never seen him perform as a ten million pound player. He runs around a lot and breaks up play, but id expect a lot more for a ten million player. A number of Celtic fans on boards would expect Celtic to get ten million for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

It's not Brown that's the problem it's the system that they play, Caldwell sits back like a centre back and doesn't do anything positive and therfore stifles Brown and N'gemo.

Advertisement