Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A question for the men?

• 14-09-2009 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭

Does anyone go to a decent hairdressers, possibly a Turkish barber instead of going to your typical local barbers, if so what are the reasons??

Is it worth paying that bit more for a decent haircut??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A Doozer

Where are you living. I know a great place in Cork on mccurtain st. Hot shave is awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

Will be in Cork next week, but not too bothered about the hot shave its more the haircut im concerned about.

How much is it BTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I cut my own hair. Saves me a fortune and with a bit of practice, you can do some interesting cuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭gavney

I sometimes go to a regular cheap barber, for 5-8euro, and other times I go to the Grafton Barber which is about 18euro. I've always been satisfied with the Grafton barber haircuts. Regular barbers can be hit and miss for me, sometimes I find they don't really listen to my requests properly, and just kinda rush into it.

Anyway, I've been to hairdressers (as opposed to barbers) a few times before and found that after paying 40euro, they end up doing a WORSE job on my hair. I'll ask for a straightforward haircut but they always try to complicate it and end up just making it look ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

A Doozer wrote: »
    Where are you living. I know a great place in Cork on mccurtain st. Hot shave is awesome.

Ya know the place your on about. its class have not been there in quiet few years though.

would advise to all guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

There's a good place called The Golden Scissors in the Winthrop St Arcade in Cork (entrance to the arcade is opposite Gino's/McDonalds)

In Dublin I've found the Drury St. Barber to be great.

Advertisement