Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toblerone cheesecake

Options
  • 14-09-2009 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Yum yum - love cheesecake. Never made one - would love to wow everyone with a lovely toblerone cheesecake (am not known for my cooking skills).

Anyone have a good recipe?
    Also, I dont own weighting scales - do I need to get some and if so where would one get weighting scales?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Salter are a good brand, this is the cheapest salter in argos
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8422996/Trail/searchtext%3ESALTER.htm

You might also need a bathroom scale after the cake!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

The only recipe I know for it is by Nigella Lawson, it's a non bake recipe and very straightforward, only had it once but it was lovely. Try Google, have a read of a few recipes and decide which one you like and give it a go, that's what I do :)

And yes you will need a weighing scales, you get them in loads of places, Argos, TK Maxx, Dunnes, Tesco, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Ah shur a slice wont kill me. We all need a little indulgence.
    Would prefer to cook it and eat a slice of toblerone cheesecake than never do it at all. Tis the only type of cake I like.
    Was offered slice of blackforest yesterday and couldnt eat it. Think its the creamyness of the cheesecake.
    Yumm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭tscul32

This recipe has been tried and tested by many, many mammies on Rollercoaster - I added maltesers too.

Base:
    1 cup plain chocolate biscuit crumbs
    80g melted butter
    1/4 cup ground almonds

Filling:
    2x 250g block Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
    1/2 cup caster sugar
    200g Toblerone Milk or Dark chocolate, melted
    1/2 cup thickened cream

Method:
    1. Combine biscuit crumbs, butter and almonds, press into the base of a lightly greased spring form pan. Chill.
    2. Beat Philly for two minutes or until smooth. Add sugar, melted Toblerone chocolate and cream, continue beating until well combined.
    3. Pour onto the prepared crumb base and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until set, or overnight. Serve topped with Toberlone shavings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Thanks for that!

I will definately be making this soon. I dont think I will use almonds in the base-thats the only modification I would make.

Any OMG maltesers! I think Im going to like it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

tscul32 wrote: »
    This recipe has been tried and tested by many, many mammies on Rollercoaster - I added maltesers too.

Base:
    1 cup plain chocolate biscuit crumbs
    80g melted butter
    1/4 cup ground almonds

Filling:
    2x 250g block Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
    1/2 cup caster sugar
    200g Toblerone Milk or Dark chocolate, melted
    1/2 cup thickened cream

Method:
    1. Combine biscuit crumbs, butter and almonds, press into the base of a lightly greased spring form pan. Chill.
    2. Beat Philly for two minutes or until smooth. Add sugar, melted Toblerone chocolate and cream, continue beating until well combined.
    3. Pour onto the prepared crumb base and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until set, or overnight. Serve topped with Toberlone shavings.

Made this yesterday with a few slight modifications to the recipe

Very tasty :)

Advertisement