Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any idea whats wrong with my phone?

• 14-09-2009 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

I have a Nokia 3109. Nice and simple phone, does what i need which is really just calls and texts!

I am o2 network and have the phone approx 4 months.

I have a problem since about lunchtime yesterday. the phone just turns itself off! I might be typing a text and it will just turn off. I then just turn it back on and it might stay on for anything from 10 seconds up to half and hour and will turn itself off again.

One interesting thing is that it never turns off during a call but has done so when a call is over and i hit the end call button.

I could have it turned on and in my pocket and pull it out later and it has turned itself off.

I didn't drop it and it wasn't exposed to any water or anything.

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Best way is to bring it to a nokia care centre. Its under warranty so should be fixed free of charge. It may be a physical internal connection, battery connection. You could try a hard reset of the software but i don't think it will make much difference in your case.

http://www.nokia.ie/store-locator

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

thanks, will try that. It didnt cost me too much but would still like to get more out of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

The update on this is i took the phone to the Nokia care centre in Cork and they fixed it, its under warranty so cost me nothing.

They said it was a software problem, what could cause this?

Advertisement