Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia MicroSD Password

• 14-09-2009 11:08pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My sister got a new phone so I went to take the memory card out of the old one (5310 XpressMusic), only to find that she password protected it.

I've pestered her about it all day today but she can't remember the password for the life of her. She doesn't even remember setting a password. :(

The memory card still works perfectly in the original phone, but won't function in anything else.

The data on the card is unimportant (I've formatted it already in the hope of getting rid of the password).

Does anyone know anyway of unlocking this card before I fcuk a perfectly good 1GB MicroSD card into the bin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

A format should wipe the password i'd have thought.

Otherwise try one of these passwords that may have been set:
    - security code
    - lock if sim changed
    - remote locking

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Random wrote: »
    A format should wipe the password i'd have thought.
    So did I. :confused:

I found guides for S60 phones that mention the password being saved as a text file in the system storage, but nothing for S40.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Formatted it on the original phone.

But I can't access it at all if I try other phones or memory card readers.

Well shows up in phones, but just says enter password. Without entering the password, you can't do much.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 wmMagner

just format it from a pc.doing it from the phone will probably delete all info except password

• Advertisement

wmMagner wrote: »
    just format it from a pc.doing it from the phone will probably delete all info except password
    The password prevents the card from being read in a card reader.

Nokia E51 to the rescue.

Was able to properly format it and the card has been saved from the bin. Thanks to all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Bit late now, but you not try 0000 as the password? Its normally the default :)

Yup tried that too :)

Advertisement