Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity blackout

Options
  • 14-09-2009 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭

Anyone else suffer a power cut this evening. Ours was off for about an hour from about 10pm. I am in Dublin 3

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

There was a brief power cut (few seconds) this morning on southside.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Clontarf and Sutton were in the dark for an hour between 10pm and 11pm.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

no problems in finglas (for a change):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

all clear in Ranelagh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I drove down the coast road at about 22:30 ... there was a stretch of maybe 3 miles from Clontarf down to the cross-roads at Bull Island with no power, street lights and traffic lights all out. It was quite eerie ... traffic was moving much slower than normal, people driving were obviously a little spooked.

Looking out the window now, it looks like the power has been restored.

Wonder what happened ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 ilovemybed

I am up near the bull wall and it all went out suddenly. it was really spooky. Total silence and darkness while having visitors over.
    Wonder why it happened ?
    I missed half of the vma's and all my friends are talking about it and i have no clue what i missed. My friend tried explaining the new moon trailor to me but that didnt work ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

jos28 wrote: »
    Anyone else suffer a power cut this evening. Ours was off for about an hour from about 10pm. I am in Dublin 3

Yep, blackout from about 10:10 to 10:55 or so, Clontarf here. I rang the ESB network line (1850 ESB 999) and there was a recorded message about a "major outage" in Sutton, but when I spoke to an actual person she said they'd been getting a flood of calls in from Clontarf too, mainly around Seafield Road, Vernon Avenue.

Funnily enough, Kincora Court, a new-ish (~15 years old) development near me seemed to have no problems at all (lights on in windows, street lights on) , must be on a different circuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

10pm we had power cut at 4:30 to 6:20 that day in sutton

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks everyone, glad I wasn't the only one in the dark :)

Advertisement