Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clicked hip

Options
  • 14-09-2009 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi there, my 3 month old niece had her 3 month check up recently and a clicked hip was diagnosed; I was just wondering if anyone has any information or know of this problem and maybe whay is done to correct it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lalalady

Hi
    My daughter was diagnosed with hip dysplasia at 10 weeks in OLOL she was given an ultrasound as she was breech and there was a history of clicked hip. In hospital Ped doc told me hips fine and at six weeks GP told me hips fine, only ultrasound with the Ortho Ped doc showed problem....just her right hip. She was fitted with a pelvik harness straight after ultrasound, not sure of age double nappies works and under what circumstances. She was in the harness for 12 weeks... its usually 3 to 6 months. Its quite common. Three other babies (2 girls, 1 boy) born around this time I know also have it, more common in first borns and girls.
    Who diagnosed? is she going for ultrasound?

Advertisement