Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the best bag of chips in the county?

• 14-09-2009 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Any suggestions?
    Enzos off River Lane near the Omniplex. They do traditional imperial chips. All other Enzos branches around town do the crappy metric pre frozen chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Kettle of fish in Gort, Co. Clare:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I think they're kind of terrible everywhere personally. Ireland is not a good country for chips which is ironic considering how much of them we consume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

buck65 wrote: »

I'd go along with that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I think they're kind of terrible everywhere personally. Ireland is not a good country for chips which is ironic considering how much of them we consume.

There are some places in the country, McDonaghs in Galway, Donkey Fords in Limerick or Greasy Mollys in Sligo. My favourite in the county is Mamma Mias in Newmarket on Fergus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I think they are all a bit hit and miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭LowOdour

When the hell did Gort become a part of Clare?
    Next thing you will be saying that Ballymun is a part of Wexford!

LowOdour wrote: »

Gort is a grey area. Personally I think Gort is a ****-hole, so Galway can keep it. I hear Kettle of Fish is a wonderful little chipper but there's no way in HELL i'm stopping there. I had to stop in Gort for petrol once...I don't like talking about it. :eek:

Dude you gotta get a sense of humour.

Gort is a grey area. Personally I think Gort is a ****-hole, so Galway can keep it. I hear Kettle of Fish is a wonderful little chipper but there's no way in HELL i'm stopping there. I had to stop in Gort for petrol once...I don't like talking about it. :eek:

I think there is a group therapy workshop in the Clon rd Business centre to help people who have had to stop in Gort for whatever reason.
    It's not cheap but then again you were the person who made the error.

I believe the government are dawing up proposals to put this "toxic" town into examinership. The Green party went there to examine the area but never returned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Dude you gotta get a sense of humour.

Yeah, im the one with that needs to get the sense of humour :rolleyes:
    At least i have the decency to look at a map once in a while*

* only having a wind up with you, ya crazy cat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

There are some places in the country, McDonaghs in Galway, Donkey Fords in Limerick or Greasy Mollys in Sligo. My favourite in the county is Mamma Mias in Newmarket on Fergus.

ah, you bate me to it! Donkey fords in limerick. The best chips in ireland imo!! :D

Yeah, im the one with that needs to get the sense of humour :rolleyes:
    At least i have the decency to look at a map once in a while*

* only having a wind up with you, ya crazy cat!

My,
    you are confused.

I think there is a group therapy workshop in the Clon rd Business centre to help people who have had to stop in Gort for whatever reason.
    It's not cheap but then again you were the person who made the error.

I believe the government are dawing up proposals to put this "toxic" town into examinership. The Green party went there to examine the area but never returned.

This place is like heaven compared to Gort!

I'm still really angry at our government and it's immigration policy over the past 10 years.

Allowing those thousands of Brazilians to unwittingly settle in Gort has to be one of the worst human rights violations in recent history.

I'm still really angry at our government and it's immigration policy over the past 10 years.

Allowing those thousands of Brazilians to unwittingly settle in Gort has to be one of the worst human rights violations in recent history.

What is it about a bag of chips that stirs the soul and unwittingly brings to mind human rights atrocities?

Daddy or Chips? daddy or chips....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Its hit and miss alright - Numeros Uno's chips are alright and Yvonnes in the turnpike can be alright but they can also be dodgy.

Warper wrote: »
    Its hit and miss alright - Numeros Uno's chips are alright and Yvonnes in the turnpike can be alright but they can also be dodgy.

when you're a hungry student like myself during lunch, theres no such thing as dodgy chips in yvonnes! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭bannerbhoy

Not a chippy man myself but remember getting a savage 1/4lber and cheese in Freds in Ennistymon 1 time passing through that way.Chips were your regular frozen 1`s though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

Chips in Clare are generally ****e quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

Yeuck Yvonne's are mank!:mad:
    I 2nd the one in Gort (dare I say Galway????) .. and I stop in Howleys on the Gort road for cheap petrol every week travelling up and down to Dublin, nothing wrong with the place at all :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I agree with the place in Gort, not clare, but they do a lovely bag of chips and a savage battered sausage . I have heard great things about mamma mia's in Newmarket. As for the town ,they are all pretty poor really. Enzo's was great when it was 50p for a bag but not so now. Also do not like there burgers, or battered sausages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

There a guy just after opening a fish and chip shop in drumbiggle down from Lava Kenny's where the other chipper was, doing absolutely amazing cod and chips at the moment

Forgot about that place. It looks really good. I don't think it has a name/sign outside it yet but it's just by Lava Kennys as Hawk Wing says.

Remember Oodles around the corner? Used grab a bag there when I was in the Boys Nash.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Greasy Enzo's on parnell st. can not be bested! Within Clare that is. Golden Grill/Donkey's in Limerick are better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 susannn10

I think Naughton's in kilkee is delish. Yummy homemade chips. Love the way the portions are so huge. Pity it is so jammers in the summer, but so worth the wait.

Do they have to be homemade chips because all the 'good' chips mentioned here seem to be the 'real stuff'.. Im quite a fan of mcdonalds like :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mcloke

If the chips come from a bag and are frozen then they are pretty crap.

Kettle in Gort do decent chips...Enzo's in William St, Limerick do great chips :)

When Chip off the Dock (chippy in Long Dock) was about they had a super selection of fish and the chips when they got them right were super but alas they legged it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

Hawk Wing wrote: »
    There a guy just after opening a fish and chip shop in drumbiggle down from Lava Kenny's where the other chipper was, doing absolutely amazing cod and chips at the moment

Is this by Mulqueen's on Carmody St/Mill Rd? If so, it's good but at Euro 7.30 for a fish and chips is definitely on the pricey side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

I love Hillbilly's chips, especially the gravy ones.Yum yum. Also the chips in pappas pizza in wood quay are gorgeous & you really feel like you've eaten. I shouldn't look up food threads~always feel hungry :pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement