Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda VFR auto

• 15-09-2009 12:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Saw an article in a sunday rag yesterday about the new Honda Duel clutch gearbox. Read about it here

Interesting reading,claims to be seamless,which would be surprising if they achieved that,seeing as most motor tiptronic automatics,barring very high end expensive ones,still fail. I think a new 1200 VFR is the bike it will be introduced in,it will be interesting to see if their claims are accurate and if your average biker won't turn their nose up at it. May be old news to some,any opinions?

Comments

There's a video of it on MCN,
    MCN VFR Dual Clutch
    Looks really advanced and all but I'm not impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

dose it or will it hAve a good rectifer lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

seen it in paper meself. Wouldnt say its gonna be as good as they hope but a step forward for people who want a nice bike but are wary about manual gears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'd probably find it a bit boring to be honest but what does catch my eye is the smoothness of the gear change and the lack of lash. Why can't that be replicated on a manual bike ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Can't wait to try it out. I might even buy one...

'cptr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Be interesting alright,certainly the semi auto looks the biz. How long before we see these boxes in GP and superbikes I wonder,they'll go the way of F1 eventually I'm sure. I'd guess the VFR won't be cheap either,another 5K maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

dubtom wrote: »
    Be interesting alright,certainly the semi auto looks the biz. How long before we see these boxes in GP and superbikes I wonder,they'll go the way of F1 eventually I'm sure. I'd guess the VFR won't be cheap either,another 5K maybe?

They have been in F1 a long time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    They have been in F1 a long time ;)

I know ;)gp and sb riders will just have to sit there eventually,just like F1

Advertisement