Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There could be a rat next door

Options
  • 15-09-2009 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

We just moved into an ex-council house.

We're pretty sure that the neighbours next door to us are renting from the local authority. (the house is in total s**t but they managed to get brand new guttering).

Their back garden is completely overgrown, and we've heard something scratching around...It sounds like its in our shared wall

Any advice? Should we call environmental health?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

No harm to call but it's probably mice rather than rats. Put down a trap ( they love chocolate) and see what happens. I had rats in my garden as we compost ( they love it yuk!) and the guy ( we called private exterminators) told me we were on their route. They weren't living in the garden but they popped by daily to have a snack. We put down special rat posion boxes ( safe for our dogs) and that was the last we heard of them.

Advertisement